20 August 1920

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"E.W. Scripps's WWJ in Detroit received its commercial broadcasting license and started broadcasting. It has carried a regular schedule of programming to the present." ~ Wikipedia

Screenshot_20240820_090156_Chrome.jpg
this reminds me so of my father ...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"WWJ first went on the air on August 20, 1920 with the call sign of 8MK. It is believed to be the first station to broadcast news reports regularly ..."

CBSNEWS

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LOVE the sculpture and the sentiments! :love
DON'T trust WIKIPEDIA!!
I could dish some REAL DIRT on Classical Composers there...if'in I Want to!
My kids, both having been born not too long ago, have literally never heard radio, ever. Except for the odd classical music show that plays in the early afternoon during the week I suppose, with zero talking aside from the story behind the piece or composer. Sometimes when we're driving in the car, I torture them with it for fun. ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My kids, both having been born not too long ago, have literally never heard radio, ever. Except for the odd classical music show that plays in the early afternoon during the week I suppose, with zero talking aside from the story behind the piece or composer. Sometimes when we're driving in the car, I torture them with it for fun. ;)

while going through the radio stations as a young kid i came across the public radio classical music station and fell in love. a few years later when i discovered some progressive rock music with longer compositions and complexity that could keep me interested it was very easy for me to listen as i was used to longer compositions of many parts and instruments. i don't listen to commercial radio stations at all these days (i hate being interrupted by annoying talk and stupid laugh tracks or other gimmicks like cranking the volume up for their commercials and most news became a talking points list from partisans), but i do still have a few decent classical stations available via websites, but almost my entire listening these days is what i consider background music because that is what Mom wants. since that is on a lot when i get a chance for silence i find that i'm not putting on music at all because i really like a break from the constant sound even if it is background music that i enjoy.

Latest posts