Gone Fishin'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, that brought back memories :).

In California (Humboldt Bay), Stone Lagoon was some distance away although a good location to both surf fish and take my little boat to fish in the lagoon.

A pier at Samoa was closer and there was no need for the boat. (No, not the islands :).) Seldom was there anyone on that pier altho there was comfortable room for a half dozen fishing. Night crawler worms were easily available from my lawn and worked as bait for ocean perch. Shrimp stayed on the hook better for surf fishing for the same fish.

I did catch a shark once. What 🦈 species is useful for the dinner table?

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, that brought back memories :).

In California (Humboldt Bay), Stone Lagoon was some distance away although a good location to both surf fish and take my little boat to fish in the lagoon.

A pier at Samoa was closer and there was no need for the boat. (No, not the islands :).) Seldom was there anyone on that pier altho there was comfortable room for a half dozen fishing. Night crawler worms were easily available from my lawn and worked as bait for ocean perch. Shrimp stayed on the hook better for surf fishing for the same fish.

I did catch a shark once. What 🦈 species is useful for the dinner table?

Steve
Dogfish shark make delicious fish and chips. It is what they serve in European restaurants.
I learned about a wonderful fishing trick to help keep slippery slimy bait on your hook. It's called bait elastic. It's really thin and stretchy and it is meant to be wrapped around the bait to hold it on the hook. You don't have to tie any knots, you just wrap it and break it off and it stays on and holds the bait on!

Latest posts