Hat Collection?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking at Phaedra's baking and thought to go from the sublime to the ridiculous. Do you have a garden hat collection?

IMG_1037.jpeg
The one on the left is really my to-be-seen-in-public Summer hat. Several came from thrift stores and I am happy to wash them, each has been washed (improves the fit👲). The next on top is a landscape outfit in Seattle area. Next clockwise is a farm equipment etc company. WSU Cougars, because I know a fan. Milne appealed to me because of Winnie the Pooh, author Milne and i identify with Christopher Robin. I think it's a warehouse and trucking outfit. The "bird" hat I bought because I like birds and didn't want anyone to give it to me ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i do have some hats and as it turns out last weekend one of my aunts came and visited and somehow she was talking to Mom about stuff and it ends up my uncle had a very nice hat and she is going to send it to me. he was a good uncle so it will be a very fond memory for me to have it and use it.

a few of the hats i have seem to draw the ground nesting bees in to attack me so i do not wear those ones any longer. even if they have been washed several times. perhaps it is the pattern on the hat they don't like. i dunno. i just know that so far this season with completely new hats i have not had any of those bees coming after me, but it could also be that i learned how to try to discourage them from nesting and we've had enough rains. last year was so dry for so long i don't think i could have kept up watering all the spots they were liking to hang out and put their nests.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i do have some hats and as it turns out last weekend one of my aunts came and visited and somehow she was talking to Mom about stuff and it ends up my uncle had a very nice hat and she is going to send it to me. he was a good uncle so it will be a very fond memory for me to have it and use it.
:love
That's such a lovely thought ❤️

a few of the hats i have seem to draw the ground nesting bees in to attack me so i do not wear those ones any longer. even if they have been washed several times. perhaps it is the pattern on the hat they don't like. i dunno. i just know that so far this season with completely new hats i have not had any of those bees coming after me, but it could also be that i learned how to try to discourage them from nesting and we've had enough rains. last year was so dry for so long i don't think i could have kept up watering all the spots they were liking to hang out and put their nests.

Latest posts