Hello from rural West Virginia

ruralmamma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hello. I've been gardening in some sort for as long as I can remember, starting with the one cent kid's packets from either Henry Fields or Gurneys which grandma always included in her order.

Four years ago I ditched the 9 to 5 job and devoted my time to gardening and my young daughter and I've never looked back. I have an addiction to beans and any geranium or pelargonium I can grow from seed.

I found the site while doing a search for a bean variety I picked up at our local seed library and look forward to learning more. I currently plant a few varieties of heirloom beans and am experimenting with a few mixes this year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :) there's a nice bean growing community here on TEG and plenty of pictures.

if you can update your profile to include your general location that helps the rest of us answer any questions or to put your comments in context.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome from British Columbia! How interesting that you are growing geraniums from seed. I love growing flowers from seed, but have yet to try those. Are there any that you would recommend?

ruralmamma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome from British Columbia! How interesting that you are growing geraniums from seed. I love growing flowers from seed, but have yet to try those. Are there any that you would recommend?

I've mostly grown the Multibloom and Maverick Mixes from seed so far. I did sow some Pinto Premium White to Rose seed about two months ago and I have to say they're one of my favorite from seed. I did save seed from my plants last fall but only had two germinate. One has an interesting cut leaf nothing at all like the parent plant, but neither has yet to bloom.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello. I've been gardening in some sort for as long as I can remember, starting with the one cent kid's packets from either Henry Fields or Gurneys which grandma always included in her order.

Four years ago I ditched the 9 to 5 job and devoted my time to gardening and my young daughter and I've never looked back. I have an addiction to beans and any geranium or pelargonium I can grow from seed.

I found the site while doing a search for a bean variety I picked up at our local seed library and look forward to learning more. I currently plant a few varieties of heirloom beans and am experimenting with a few mixes this year.
Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest!