Squirrel Rescue!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Guess what we saw today when we were out working on the siding?! A daring squirrel rescue!!

It all started when we stopped work because we heard a chick in distress. We have chicks right now, so I went straight back to the chicken coop to see which hen was missing a chick. The unhappy-chick noise wasn't coming from the coop, it was coming from the coop's roof! I got a step ladder and had a little peak and...

babysquirrel.jpg

There were 6 baby squirrels littered all over the top of the coop, crying! We'd just had some big gusts of wind, as you can see by all the stuff on the roof with the baby, so it must have blown them out of the nest.

I was worried the mama wouldn't come back for them before a predator did, but luckily it was none other than my local freeloader, Mrs. Peanut.
DSC01717.JPG

Mrs. Peanut gave me the side eye, but she had a rescue mission to complete!
DSC01723.JPG

Now, where's that baby?
DSC01735.JPG
DSC01737.JPG

Found you! Up we go!! x6

Attachments

• DSC01729.JPG
    DSC01729.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 22

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Guess what we saw today when we were out working on the siding?! A daring squirrel rescue!!

It all started when we stopped work because we heard a chick in distress. We have chicks right now, so I went straight back to the chicken coop to see which hen was missing a chick. The unhappy-chick noise wasn't coming from the coop, it was coming from the coop's roof! I got a step ladder and had a little peak and...

View attachment 67962
There were 6 baby squirrels littered all over the top of the coop, crying! We'd just had some big gusts of wind, as you can see by all the stuff on the roof with the baby, so it must have blown them out of the nest.

I was worried the mama wouldn't come back for them before a predator did, but luckily it was none other than my local freeloader, Mrs. Peanut.
View attachment 67963
Mrs. Peanut gave me the side eye, but she had a rescue mission to complete!View attachment 67964
Now, where's that baby?
View attachment 67966View attachment 67967
Found you! Up we go!! x6
That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing! What an adorable rescue! I've never seen a mamma squirrel with her babies.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

View attachment 67962

View attachment 67963
Mrs. Peanut gave me the side eye, but she had a rescue mission to complete!View attachment 67964
Now, where's that baby?
View attachment 67966View attachment 67967
Found you! Up we go!! x6
I liked this story so much that I shared it with some friends. I learned about another story where this guy was feeding a squirrel for years and they were kinda friends. One day the squirrel friend came up to him, grabbed his finger and led him to her nest of new babies! She was so proud of her babes that she wanted to show him! ❤️

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
my local freeloader, Mrs. Peanut.

I liked this story so much that I shared it with some friends.
I thought to put this on the "funny thread" the other day. Maybe you will appreciate it here as "coasties" and, perhaps, especially Dahlia with her Seagull friend ;).

zfriends.jpg

Looking for that photo again, I was surprised that Snopes had something about it! It adds the the authenticity :D: LINK

Latest posts