Worming Composting

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@flowerbug
I added my worms to this wormer compost and stupidly left it raised, I think they have all escaped so I have to buy some more :(

I'm thinking of looking out for some worm compost to buy so I can give this next lot a better chance of survival.

Honestly I've had so much trouble with this wormer this past year. With so much of these repairs and tye workmen damage. Then I go and mess up myself

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Omg
I've messed up for years with my wormer bin. I've been putting the food into the top tray. It should have been the third tray down.

I have ordered a new lid and a block with more women but to my suppise I found that there was still some worms left. But never mind.

To buy another wormer would have cost me another hundred pounds, so I've saved in the long run. I can't plant in the garden anymore due to my back so having this good soil will be really helpful to grow in pots

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Years ago i went down the “vermicompost” path. Built a nice large bin 2ft wide, 2ft. Deep and 4ft. Long and populated it with worms. I soon learned how slow it was going to be so i bought a powerful blender that would pulverize any kitchen scraps. My daily input was roughly a qt. Of blended waste per day. Well, after a couple years and a LOT of work i didn’t have much more than a nice blender! Organic Wiggle Worm castings are so cheap it made me scratch my head wondering why i’d take on so much extra work for so little gain.
At that point i learned how to Compost outside and never looked back. Emptied the bin and got rid of it.

I can understand the value for someone with physical limitations or an apartment dweller just wanting to do the right thing with the left-overs but the labor / gain ratio didn’t pan out for me.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Years ago i went down the “vermicompost” path. Built a nice large bin 2ft wide, 2ft. Deep and 4ft. Long and populated it with worms. I soon learned how slow it was going to be so i bought a powerful blender that would pulverize any kitchen scraps. My daily input was roughly a qt. Of blended waste per day. Well, after a couple years and a LOT of work i didn’t have much more than a nice blender! Organic Wiggle Worm castings are so cheap it made me scratch my head wondering why i’d take on so much extra work for so little gain.
At that point i learned how to Compost outside and never looked back. Emptied the bin and got rid of it.

I can understand the value for someone with physical limitations or an apartment dweller just wanting to do the right thing with the left-overs but the labor / gain ratio didn’t pan out for me.
This is easier for me, it's right on my back door. My compost bin is way up the garden and the weeds are a nightmare up there. Plus the compost sinks into the ground i wish I hadn't bothered with that..

I can use this worm soil in with other compost on pots, pots are much easier for me . I've started with potatoes for now. I hope to grow other foods soon

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The vinegar has arrived but the gardener did not, because it's raining and to be perfectly frank with you all, even if it wasn't he's always letting me down.
In other words he's full of 💩 and I told him so

Latest posts