Baymule’s Farm

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My goodness Bay! What a day you've had. I sure wished your sister had listened to your mom about where to buy land. So sorry that trip got cancelled. You need to really try and make it in a year or so hopefully. You will have great memories from it. Glad your sister has you to help her on her difficult journey.

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister and her husband bought their home some 20-25 years ago. They went through some epic floods. Hurricane Harvey put 7’ of water in their home, washed away even the bricks, nothing left on the bottom story but the studs. He died a few years ago and it’s been hard on her. This flood is not even a hurricane, just thunderstorms.

My mom always said never live downriver from a dam and pick high ground for your house. I listened, sister didn’t. My land is flat, it gets real soggy, but I’m in no danger of flooding. I may not be able to go anywhere for up to several days due to creeks flooding roads, but that is very seldom.

Last summer was drought with temperatures over 100F degrees for a couple of months. I had to pen my sheep for 3 months and keep them off pasture. What will this summer bring? Who knows.
My grandma gave me the same advice! High ground is important.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm soooo sorry for your stubborn, just like her sis, sister of yours. She didn't want to give up. Like her sister. She thought she could do it all. Like her sister.

Thankful to God that sis listed to her sister this time. Hugs to both sisters.
You hit the nail on the head! Hahaha!
Stubborn strong minded women runs in the family.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here’s a link to channel 13 news, Houston. Videos posted of people being rescued. Two major rivers in flood stage is a calamity.

Official on TV saying to the Kingwood area, to get out now, water is going to rise 3 more feet. Kingwood is an affluent community on the north side of Houston.

Another heavy storm tomorrow over the same watershed of the Trinity River and the San Jancinto River.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our county commissioner posted pictures of what he and crew are doing to put roads back together. It calms people down and helps them see there are situations worse than theirs. These guys even work at night clearing fallen trees off roads.

IMG_6520.png

IMG_6523.png

IMG_6524.png

IMG_6525.png

IMG_6526.png

IMG_6527.png

IMG_6528.png

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is my sister being rescued Thursday afternoon. That picture has hit the associated press and gone out everywhere.

I just talked to her. Her friends have taken her to shop for a few clothes, got a pedicure and was going into a make up store. Pretty feet, pretty face, clean clothes and she is in much happier spirits.

IMG_6530.png

Latest posts