2024 Little Easy Bean Network - Growing Heirloom Beans Of Today And Tomorrow

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first 'Pragerhof' aka 'Blue Slovenian' pod got opened today. The seeds were so much bigger than I expected, but I checked a few sites and both the seed pods and beans' colour are correct, so I guess they're just big seeds! Seems like the ones I planted were smaller though. Gonna be great bean fun when all the pods dry up and can be shelled, it's a beauteous shade of slate blue. Love it!
IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG

My rogue volunteer bean plant! I figure these will at least be cookable even if I can't harvest seeds! :p
IMG_1721.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a full paper bag out of one garden so that's a nice harvest for the 2nd picking. tomorrow i get to move on to other gardens. today is tomato day and garden club so no bean picking, but it is already hot and humid out and i'm done anyways.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The first 'Pragerhof' aka 'Blue Slovenian' pod got opened today. The seeds were so much bigger than I expected, but I checked a few sites and both the seed pods and beans' colour are correct, so I guess they're just big seeds! Seems like the ones I planted were smaller though. Gonna be great bean fun when all the pods dry up and can be shelled, it's a beauteous shade of slate blue. Love it!

wow! yes, there's a smaller variety with those colors that i like but since it is a pole bean i've not grown it again. Bleaugrau or something like that...

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Summer Bean Show 2024 Vol. #26

Love these Bean Wheels. Somebody gots lots of patience to do this kind of stuff. I like that Ping Zebra Bean #103, Lots of white on the seed. Nice contrast between the red and the white.

Brazilian Bean #74.jpgBrazilian Bean #76.jpg
Bean Wheel #3.................................................Bean Wheel #4

Brazilian Bean #102.jpgBrazilian Bean #103.jpg
Bean #102........................................................Bean #103

Brazilian Bean #104.jpgBrazilian Bean #105.jpg
Bean #104.........................................................Bean #105

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
'Pink Quartz' semi runner bean. I thought this might be like the other pink beans I've grown, like Bolita, if not the same bean under a different name, but no. The pods on these were stiffer and not as easily shelled as other ones I've grown. Great producer!
IMG_1630.JPG

All my dry rack bean poles are done, stripped all the crackle dry pods today. Accidentally popped open a few 'Anakin Kuvali Giant' pods and WOW they're gorgeous. Big purple flecked kidney shaped orbs of beauty. The 'Schwarze Valder' network beans are a wonderful shade of muted yellow beige too. They're finally drying up! 'Syrian Fire', a stunner too. The network 'Goose' beans are really big! I grew a bean variety called 'Braune Tereza' and they look just like 'Herrenbohnli' beans! Exciting times! 🎉

Latest posts