2024 Little Easy Bean Network - Growing Heirloom Beans Of Today And Tomorrow

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, i'm losing some light due to trees now out back later in the day. cedar trees if they are big enough that wood is nice to smell. if you make anything from them it will probably last a long time.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought the look of the pole beans in the front was great this year, and will do more next year for sure.

I have planted a tomato plant in front of my house. I plant pole beans in my south flower bed. I have a neighbor who was born and raised in Stuttgart. She tells me that is very European. Nothing wrong with it. Europeans don't waste space when growing their garden plants. They'll plant veggies even in the flowerbeds.

I like the trend in some places where people take out their entire front lawn and make it garden. If my home owners association would allow it. I think I would do the same.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the trend in some places where people take out their entire front lawn and make it garden. If my home owners association would allow it. I think I would do the same.

stealth decorative veggies. :)

there's not much lawn left here and i'd like to get rid of even more of it if i could. the front lawn was mistakenly covered and planted with gardens but it really should not have been since it is the septic drain field. eventually i'd like to remove a lot of the rock pathways and have it planted with more flowers but moving all those rocks and gravel is literally tons of work and i may not really be able to do it that much any more. so for now it all stays as it is.

Latest posts