A Seed Saver's Garden

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Paint" is a common app in many computers. It gives you the opportunity to reduce the size of photos – pixels or percents.

I can email a picture to myself, using 2 different mailboxes, and choose a smaller size.

Photoshop, etc. and there must be other choices and probably online.

Steve
Edit: I see that Adobe has a free, online "resizer." Don't know about it but Adobe owns Photoshop

Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Are you getting a response that the file that you are trying to upload is too large for the server? That's what I have been getting for the past week, so I too am blocked from uploading photos. 🤔
Yes, that's what I'm getting. It looks like a server issue here, would be good to send a message to Nifty as he was wondering if others are experiencing this issue as well.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I believe this is from the recent upgrade. I just scrolled down to the file, chose pictures, click on options and choose large rather than full size; wala they load!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I believe this is from the recent upgrade. I just scrolled down to the file, chose pictures, click on options and choose large rather than full size; wala they load!
Thanks for the tip @Alasgun. I used to have a Samsung Android device, and I could select the size format, but since I've switched to an ipad those options don't seem available. At least, I can't see where they are, I'm still learning this new system. I'm hoping that the server will revert to it's previous functioning to rectify this! 🤣

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Both my phone and i-pad are apple devices.
I took a picture of the screen that shows when attaching pictures. Notice the one on the top right that is checked? Now down on the bottom left you see options? Click on that and it will open saying full size. Drop down to the next option “large”, click on that and it will load.

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpeg
    IMG_0912.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Both my phone and i-pad are apple devices.
I took a picture of the screen that shows when attaching pictures. Notice the one on the top right that is checked? Now down on the bottom left you see options? Click on that and it will open saying full size. Drop down to the next option “large”, click on that and it will load.
I'm gonna try this!!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My delphiniums are putting out the best bloom clusters I've seen yet. They're huge too, much bigger than the picture shows. I think they like the layer of new soil I gave their area.
IMG_7582 (1).JPG

Gem marigolds; as far as I can tell, the most magnificent fragrance of all marigolds and it's endlessly blooming even without deadheading. I had a fellow request seed last year for these, and he got back to me this spring to tell me that he grew them among his potatoes and it was the first time he never had beetles on his plants. :) Next to the mari's are 2 new friends, a white lily and a white iris. Took time to hunt those down in the garden centres, not common colors here for those. They sort of fit the category of slightly out of the ordinary perennial flowers so they came to stay. I'm hunting some true blue iris varieties now too.
IMG_7597.JPG

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saw another out in the wild apple tree, though I'm not sure how to go about taking from that one (it's at a corner near to a high school by a major turn in the road. Getting to the tree would not be a problem [it's right by the sidewalk], but the question would be where to get away with parking. Traffic is too heavy to stop and block the road, and I'm not sure one can go onto a high school campus these days and park (especially during summer when the school is closed) without security coming to ask exactly why you are there.)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My delphiniums are putting out the best bloom clusters I've seen yet. They're huge too, much bigger than the picture shows. I think they like the layer of new soil I gave their area.
View attachment 66930

Gem marigolds; as far as I can tell, the most magnificent fragrance of all marigolds and it's endlessly blooming even without deadheading. I had a fellow request seed last year for these, and he got back to me this spring to tell me that he grew them among his potatoes and it was the first time he never had beetles on his plants. :) Next to the mari's are 2 new friends, a white lily and a white iris. Took time to hunt those down in the garden centres, not common colors here for those. They sort of fit the category of slightly out of the ordinary perennial flowers so they came to stay. I'm hunting some true blue iris varieties now too.
View attachment 66931

are these close enough?

100_7219_Miss_Blue_thm.jpg

Lady Beatrix Stanley Iris bulbs (the earliest blooming plant i usually have each year).