Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, have you heard of Flower Mound, Tx? MY son's hopefully future in laws were visiting and we got to meet them. Very nice folks and live in Flower Mound. She said Dallas Fort Worth airport is 40 minutes from them and I don't remember the name of the other airport that is 15 minutes from them.

Wonder how far that is from you?

Mary
Flower Mound is 210 miles from me, 3 hours, 30 minutes.
The other airport is Love Field. Flower Mound is kinda between Dallas and Fort Worth, but straight up north.
If you ever go see them, we will have to visit with each other!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finished painting the house yesterday. It looks so nice, clean and fresh, pretty color.

Coyotes have been howling all night, my dogs howl back at the coyotes, then bark madly. All. Night. Long. Woke up at 2-something, got up at 3:49 AM. It’s real foggy, been foggy for couple of weeks, no rain in months. We are in drought, burn ban, grass is dry and crunchy. Since painting is done, now I’ll turn my attention to my sheep.

Going to sort the ram out of the flock in the front field. Not sure how I’m going to do that, should be interesting. I need to doctor on Granny’s foot, her hoof is growing out, but slowly. She is due any time now, she is enormous.

Got to take a gate loose, raise it, it’s dragging and hard to open and close. Need to clean out the place where I put the hay bale for the middle field and set a new round bale. Need to set a round bale for the ewes in the front field and run a temporary fence to close them off from the field. Time to dry lot the sheep, there is no grass and they will kill it if I leave them on the grass. I’ll have to go buy a hog panel and cut it in half to build a cover for the round bale in the front field. I will bow over a 16’ cow panel, drive 4 T-posts to hold it, then put the half hog panels on each end. I already have a small tarp to go over the cow panel, to keep some of the rain off, if we ever get any. This is the time of year when grass goes dormant and winter grass is coming in. But no rain, grass is brown, winter grass isn’t coming up.

I have 26 bred ewes, split into 2 flocks. They are due now through February. I’m gonna be busy.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the ram sorted out and in a pen. I ran the ewes across the driveway to the working chute and doctored Granny’s foot. I rehung the gate, it took 1 1/2 hours……..something about only having 2 hands…… At one point I threw it down and kicked it. Stupid gate!

Latest posts