Blueberry or blackberry variety help

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
While I was taking a pic for another post, I took a pic of my neighbor's raspberry patch. Her's is in full shade year round on the North side of her garage. She has amended the soil with large amounts of compost over the years and they are very happy in this spot. Her plants, which were propagated from my yard, grow about a foot or two taller than at my house. Same cloned plant. They are just as productive, maybe even a little more.

100_2089.jpg
By the end of summer they will be 5 feet tall.

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
kellygirrl wrote: I'm surprised that you suggest blues, raspberries, and blackberries for shade, though. But I've noticed things often do things despite the common dictums, so it's always worth a try...
I should have worded my first post better. I was recommending the raspberries for the shade ravenstormTEG mentioned. The other varieties of berries I mentioned are varieties that do well in SoCal, not necessarily full shade. I do grow all the berries in partial shade/ half day here, however. All the locations I have tried in full sun, I have been unsuccessful in the long run.

Latest posts