Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240826_162648_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240826_162530_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240826_162422_Chrome.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
60somethingyearsold and i'm getting grumpy just like my parents. dontchaknow it's because of my parents! they can say i'm just like them now but i'm pretty sure i'm not. on a good day and twice on Mondays... underneath i'm still an optimist but it's taking a bigger shovel somedays to get there to find it. we can still laugh and that helps a lot. i used to tell Mom that if ever certain things happen to just hit me over the head with a shovel. i don't say that any more, she might do it... <-- more humor... mebbe... :) :) :) *wink wink*

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm still in my 40's but I definitely have a clearer perception of the passage of time than I ever have, in a disconcerting way too. It makes me feel like I'm on a ship and I should throw overboard as much goods on the ship as I can so that the passing of time can slow down a bit; the purging of goods from the ship being an attempt to simplify my life - less stuff, less projects, more empty, open space in the house and a clearer schedule. This summer has contained too many projects to live up to that goal, but overall I do think I'm making headway in the simplification process.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most of my friends, DH, and many relatives are all dead now, so joining them doesn't seem such a bad prospect. I want to avoid leaving any homeless pets in my wake when I go, and I definitely plan to avoid becoming victim to the medical industrial complex by ending up in a nursing home without any personal autonomy and/or losing all my resources to medical bankruptcy. At 74 yrs I am basically crowbait, but still have a few years ahead that I plan to spend in the realm of the living.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5

Parentamorphosis​

for Dr. Rick merchandise

Youngest DD shows that she is copying my habits. YESTERDAY, she moved a glass in from the edge of the dining room table, saying that I do this all of the time, and she does it now for others. I said that I started doing this when the girls were little bc if the glass would fall, it would turn into a broken glass and/or liquid mess that I had to clean up.
She also told us how she pulled an acquaintance in from the city square (around the courthouse, where she works), saying, Good GOD, would you Please get off the road!!!)
We also run our hands around each other's backs when moving around them. This is bc I taught them to run their hand around the back side of our horses when walking around them, so as not to spook them. No spooking People, either.
We all also repark if we aren't between the lines, alTHOUGH I tell DH to park stupid when using a handicapped parking spot bc everybody Else parks stupid, and you need to fit in.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We also forget things and the following example is one of “short term memory” which is the good one to loose, i believe.
On August 23rd you told me your compost tea story, about leaving some straw in a bucket in the rain. That was post 927, now yesterday; post 945 is you telling me that same story again! 🫣

It’s absolutely not a problem, i just think it’s funny and i’m happy to see i’m not the only one!

Around here when Ruthy and i loose the conversation we just laugh about it, sometimes it comes back and sometimes not; when it don’t come back the cool part is we don’t remember it anyway so nothings lost.

I hope the tea turned out well.

Latest posts