Concerned About Growing Old?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zspider.jpg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
the thing about smashing basically continues, like last night Mom is banging the remote control because it isn't working as she expects it to work. i tell her that it doesn't help to smash something and that it won't work any better.
I bet I did one better than your Mom, the other day when I kicked a stuck door, hoping to dislodge it. Unfortunately instead of giving way, it held its ground, and I might as well have kicked a block of granite. So now I'm hobbling around with a badly bruised big toe (at least it's not broken) and waiting for the construction guy to come fix the door.

I swear some voodoo artist must have put the whammy on my house. First the window installation was held up pending arrival of an interior part, because the company ordered the wrong size instead of the size my installer specified. Apparently while constructing the staging to work on window installation, my exterior light fixture got broken, so I had to order a new one similar to the original fixture. Finally the exterior door decided to morph into a wall instead of a door. It's been a comedy of errors.

Today the door guy comes. Hopefully light fixture will arrive from Lowes this week and next week the electrician arrives to replace broken light fixture with new one. Somewhere in there the window installer will return to finish that installation when (if) the company ships the correct part to him.

And to top it off I'm disabled and limping from my own stupidity.
Note to self: don't kick a door; it could be stronger than me.

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Don't feel bad, you will heal. I kicked the inside of one of our 2 garage doors (4 car garage) bc it was frozen from water and temperature drop, and I left a PERMANENT dent on it, cannot repair and constantly reminding me that I Could have found a better way.
NOW, every time I think it might freeze in the winter I pour deicer all along where the door closes so that it will open.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, you will heal. I kicked the inside of one of our 2 garage doors (4 car garage) bc it was frozen from water and temperature drop, and I left a PERMANENT dent on it, cannot repair and constantly reminding me that I Could have found a better way.
NOW, every time I think it might freeze in the winter I pour deicer all along where the door closes so that it will open.
Door kickers unite!

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Door kickers unite!
Just did the door kick againā€¦ but.. instead of the door this time it was a doggie interactive ball thick heavy plastic 6ā€ size and center gyroscope. Purple toe !

Deicer on garage door great idea. Iā€™ll remember that this coming winter. šŸ‘