Ducks 4 in '24

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will come home with one of those folding aluminum walkers. Leave it by the bed at night, if you have to get up, turn on the light and use the walker! Dont risk falling.

Before the surgery I went and bought one of those bigger walkers with wheels and a seat in it. I kept it parked on the back porch. Then I could get outside. .I sat on the seat and enjoyed being out doors.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You will come home with one of those folding aluminum walkers. Leave it by the bed at night, if you have to get up, turn on the light and use the walker! Dont risk falling.

Before the surgery I went and bought one of those bigger walkers with wheels and a seat in it. I kept it parked on the back porch. Then I could get outside. .I sat on the seat and enjoyed being out doors.
@ducks4you your knee surgery is on and your getting ready for recovery. Very important.

The rollinator walker is a great way to go , light weight and folds up. I really dislike those fold up types they give out at hospitals. They are ackward and in fact get in the way with healing and walking. A little practice ahead of time with your new one will help with maneuvering later. ..because there’s so many new things to remember when walking after surgery . My rollinator has brakes on the handles . They are so much easier to walk with and help gain better balance and build muscle after surgery . And you can sit down if needed or use the seat as a tray to carry stuff. Also accessory’s available like a little fabric pack attachment available to velcro on the handlebars to carry other items. There are many different styles, heights and colors. Mine is fire engine red . My kids put lights on it and glued rhinestones on it to dress it up to add a little pizzaz . Was a big surprise when they came to pick me up after surgery.

Sending good vibes your way.

Last edited:

Latest posts