Flower bouquets/arrangements thread

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This one has dark purple iris flowers, light purple chive flowers, regular purple & dark purple/white columbine flowers, light purple catmint flowers, yellow globeflower, white bleeding heart flowers, large bleeding heart leaves, and Kentucky bluegrass
View attachment 67085
View attachment 67086
My mom used to have a huge flower garden when she was younger. She would often bring me a big bouquet to brighten my home! She had such an amazing green thumb!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
‘Larry the cable guy” likes flowers too! Nuthin to exotic but my Baby likes them!

I learned a long time ago about flowers, how they could be my friend an all. And the harder you work for them they bigger the atta-boy. I like to joke about jamming on the brakes causing Wifey to do a face plant on the dash; then back up and trot down thru the road ditch to pick a handful of wild flowers. I always figured if’n i was ever brave enough to do this she’d probably have her bloody nose cleaned up by the time i got back and be all lovey dovey?
Maybe not🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3040.jpeg
    IMG_3040.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lovely!! What are the purple ones in the first photo?
Those are fresh lavender. The flowers were harvested and arranged with love by our daughter, for a sad occasion. The process of creating bouquets from the garden was therapeutic, and helped to comfort a broken heart.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lovely parade of flower arrangements. . Lots of talented gardeners.

A little bit of everything stuffed in there for a mass arrangement , wheat grass plumes , several difffeeent color penstemons, yarrow, Russian sage, and …..
View attachment 67254
Did you create this beautiful bouquet!! It's amazing! 😍

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thankx @Dahlia.. just added what was growing in the garden lots of penstemon long stems of different colors . They really did well this year. They are long stems 18”or longer covered with small flowers. Just choose long stemmed flowers like the Russian sage and tall grass plums to keep it looking full. All the flowers all have long stems with flowers running up along the 18” along the stems to go with the penstemons. Of course the white yarrow is tall long stemmed too.
Sometimes ya get lucky & the arrangement looks ok. Not great but shows the full depth of small flowers not just the top of every stem only with a single flower, but each stem has small flowers - top to bottom on each stem.

Boy that was tricky to describe 😉 So it looks fuller I guess.

@Carol Dee beautiful seasonal,arrangement , bright cheery colors.😍

Latest posts