Goin' to the Dogs!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We also had collies, a sequence of 4 over the years, and I added a sheltie at one point (Mabel's predecessor). I got that a lot, people asking if little Tippi was a puppy or a grown-up mini version of her collie cohort. Looking over old videos I was reminded how many tricks Tippi knew; she had a whole routine.
View attachment 69205

I've really failed Mabel by comparison. I took her to puppy classes long ago and then to an "introduction to agility" class. Timid by nature, I feared Mabel might fear the agility equipment, but she *loved* it! Scurried up and down the roof thingie, conquered the teeter-totter, and made friends with every apparatus. (I didn't allow her to learn about jumping over a bar, given that my fence at home is not that high in places, and at her young age, she could have sailed over it easily if she knew she possessed the ability!) You mention dogs learning from watching other dogs, and Mabel certainly was fascinated by her classmates, and couldn't wait to have a go at it herself. Unfortunately I wasn't about to go to agility matches with my arthritic joints, so there was nowhere to go from there. Her life now could use some enrichment, especially since the loss of her chihuahua housemate.
What stunning dogs. You're so lucky ❤️

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Finnie ,

Could you use your 100th post to tell us something about your little piece of heaven? (Could be a DM :))

I am wondering if you know something about Morgan County and about the countryside near Trafalgar, Indiana. A direct part of my ancestors were the first European settlers in that Trafalgar part of Indiana. Some of them moved on to Morgan County before a short stay in Missouri and gearing up for their move west. I don't think that I have asked you about this before but I have only recently learned about Morgan and learning that some of those folks were Morgans themselves.

Steve

Latest posts