Goin' to the Dogs!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Had a proud dog owner moment this week. Mine's a water hater, 100%. But I insisted he try paddleboarding with me anyway. My gosh, he actually did it. He knew he wasn't allowed to jump off (or whine), and even though I know he wanted to, he didn't. He stayed on for a full hour, and by the end I think he started to actually enjoy himself. Miracle.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@heirloomgirl what a cute story. Dogs are always so eager to plz. You must have some skills when paddling. What kind of dog ?
My dogs hate getting wet and won't go out to potty when it rains. They like watching dog tv. What is this world coming too?

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@heirloomgirl what a cute story. Dogs are always so eager to plz. You must have some skills when paddling. What kind of dog ?
My dogs hate getting wet and won't go out to potty when it rains. They like watching dog tv. What is this world coming too?
Beagle! I only just tried the board for the first time this week, but have enjoyed kayaking alot. Hahaha, I wish I had a dog eager to please! He's got his own agenda, hound syndrome I think. But we've put a ton of training on this dog so he understands he must defer to our requests. His reward for the paddleboard cooperation was - we won't make you swim for this beach visit, lol. My dog is one of those ' I can't pee in the rain' types too. 🤣

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Had a proud dog owner moment this week. Mine's a water hater, 100%. But I insisted he try paddleboarding with me anyway. My gosh, he actually did it. He knew he wasn't allowed to jump off (or whine), and even though I know he wanted to, he didn't. He stayed on for a full hour, and by the end I think he started to actually enjoy himself. Miracle.
👏
That's brilliant. How I wish I tried that with my old boy

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@heirloom girls said ,”My dog has Hound syndrome…interesting.
My border collies have ‘Can’t sit still syndrome’. always begging to play frisbee, ball, . I got them interactive toys thought I could get a rest. Well they insists I play with the interactive toys with them .
Maybe the borders have , ‘Separation Syndrome ‘ .
Next I’m thinking about ordering an obstacle course to keep them busy.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@heirloom girls said ,”My dog has Hound syndrome…interesting.
My border collies have ‘Can’t sit still syndrome’. always begging to play frisbee, ball, . I got them interactive toys thought I could get a rest. Well they insists I play with the interactive toys with them .
Maybe the borders have , ‘Separation Syndrome ‘ .
Next I’m thinking about ordering an obstacle course to keep them busy.
IMHO the obstacle course idea could well be your answer.
Obviously your dogs enjoy stimulating, so must being intelligent creatures that course would be something interesting for them to explore especially.
If you could change it around and add something to it occasionally that would be even more for them to work out.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 thank you for your help. I will be able to change the obstical course around. It is just a home type obstical course. Can use in the yard or house. Nothing too heavy or cumbersome on Amazon. easy peasy set up.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 thank you for your help. I will be able to change the obstical course around. It is just a home type obstical course. Can use in the yard or house. Nothing too heavy or cumbersome on Amazon. easy peasy set up.
Get your dogs one of those ball throwers. Like they use in batting cages for baseball. Then you can sit in a lounge chair reading a book, when they bring the ball back, Good Dog! Make eye contact and let the machine throw another ball! :lol:

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule I thought getting the ball thrower would keep the dogs busy too. Even though they have one and know how to put the balls back in the opening for the throw out, they sit by it wine and howel for me to come play too.

Even have those interactive balls that wiggle and jump by rechargable batteries they still require human interaction.
Then one time they were playing with the interactive ball which landed on the furnace floor register. The register popped up out of the floor opening and the ball fell in the floor opening to the heater. I had to call a the heat guy to fish the ball out . That was a spendy ball 230 for a service call. They had to go down to the basement and cut a hole in the heater vent system the metal section to remove the ball. Then replace the metal section.
I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it for myself , the floor vent flip up and the ball fall inside the floor vent.
A hole in one…🫣