Hello forum members! I'm Wayne, a passionate indoor growing enthusiast.

Wayne Liang

Garden lurker
Reaction score
Hello, fellow plant growing enthusiasts! I have experience growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries and more indoors. I am particularly interested in using lights to reduce planting cycles and increase crop yields. Eager to discuss indoor growing, address challenges and explore the wonderful world of sustainable plant growing. Let's grow together!

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello, fellow plant growing enthusiasts! I have experience growing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries and more indoors. I am particularly interested in using lights to reduce planting cycles and increase crop yields. Eager to discuss indoor growing, address challenges and explore the wonderful world of sustainable plant growing. Let's grow together!
Welcome to the forum! Growing vegetables indoors has proved challenging for me, so I am curious to hear about your strategies for success. In my experience they quickly outgrow my light setup, and fungus gnats infestations frustrate me too. Do you keep your plants indoors exclusively, or are the plants typically started indoors and then moved outside once they get large?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

hello and welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan.

it is an interesting topic to me, but my experience is pretty limited because most of my plant growing inside is usually house plant oriented or getting some things going and then planting them outside for the summer months. at least that was how things used to go when we had a lot more room and i had 3 eight foot shelves of lights and the floor in front of the shelves that i could put some larger plants down that would catch some of the light.

where we're at now, i don't have shelves or lights, just a few wooden boxes and a small table near the patio doors which face sort of NE so they don't get a ton of direct light. the only plants that do ok here are a few amaryllis and i have enough of those too so i need to downsize a few more.

but back to the indoor gardening. i think it could be useful and interesting but i think it is also more labor intensive and somehow you still need a way to deal with the contents of pots that have come to their useful end and need to be somehow recharged.

with more recent improvements in LED efficiency that's a big help to not using so much energy and also not having so much heat being given off by the lights.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest!

Latest posts