Hornad’s garden 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is something endearing about growing chickpeas. I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason I just love growing them. 😍

i like the habit of the plant, but i've not been able to grow them here - i only tried once and after seeing how little they can produce i've not bothered to try to find a variety more suited to our climate and season length. so i have to just look at pictures online... :)

Hornad

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i like the habit of the plant, but i've not been able to grow them here - i only tried once and after seeing how little they can produce i've not bothered to try to find a variety more suited to our climate and season length. so i have to just look at pictures online... :)
they grow chickpeas and lentils commercially in my state so I thought they were worth a try

Hornad

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
IMG_7709.jpeg

I had to chase another pest out of the garden (he was a big fan of tomatoes last year)
IMG_7779.jpeg

And today I put out the tomatoes

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks good. I can almost smell that rich soil way over here in the San Francisco bay area.

Wonder if chickpeas would grow here. Although I have no idea where I would plant them since I have no room LOL.

Mary

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wonder if they would grow in my area. I make hummus every week. Love it!

Mary
I have a yummy summer recipe for hummus wraps! You take your favorite soft/moist tortilla and put a generous amount of homemade hummus diagonally across the tortilla. Add julienned zucchini, julienned red bell pepper, julienned scallions, julienned cucumber, and top with a few mint leaves scattered on top! Enjoy!

Latest posts