Joy in the Little Things

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The lovely herbs and flowers I used today for the customers who pre-ordered Salad from me.
22076_0.jpg

I'd say it's the most luxurious fresh salad within a 100 km radius—or even 200 km.
22090.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you know the name of your rose, @SPedigrees ?

I have one that is in about the same stage of development although it is expending most of its energy in growing ↖️⤴️↗️ this year. It became something of a mess in '23 and I did a lot of pruning on it last Fall and a little this Spring. I'm having some trouble keeping it contained with stakes and twine.

That rose has always done well and has been here all the time we have.

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you know the name of your rose, @SPedigrees ?

I have one that is in about the same stage of development although it is expending most of its energy in growing ↖️⤴️↗️ this year. It became something of a mess in '23 and I did a lot of pruning on it last Fall and a little this Spring. I'm having some trouble keeping it contained with stakes and twine.

That rose has always done well and has been here all the time we have.

Steve
The only info I have about this rose is this from an online purchase order back in 2014 when I bought 3 of these plants:
Rose_2014.jpg

I'm not sure if Seven Sisters was the name of this rose variety or the name of the nursery I purchased from. I'm also uncertain how correct this info is, since this nursery was closing down and seemed to be in a state of disorganization when I squeaked this order in just under the wire. For instance these roses have no fragrance that I can detect, and I wouldn't call this a bush, but rather a climbing vine. On the other hand the advertised color(s) are correct, it does bloom only once in the spring, and it has done well in partial shade and zone 3-4.

I too have hacked away at these rose vines from time to time, as when my generator system and accompanying propane tanks were installed and I had to cut these plants back to almost nothing. (I still have scars from that encounter I think.) It has always come back, sometimes taking a year or two to recover, but always regaining lost territory. Mine are tied up with twine onto the barely visible (and not really adequate) trellises. These roses would love to gain more real estate, so I have to keep trying to convince them to limit the scope of their ambitions.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! You still have the advertisement.

Maybe it is the same (or, a relative).

Yes, I put a fence post down right beside the base of the plant, about 10-12 years ago. I thought that I might kill it doing that but it was where the post for a new fence had to go. It took a year but it came back as strong as ever, growing up once again along the trellis above the gate :).

Last edited:

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! You still have the advertisement.

Maybe it is the same (or, a relative).

Yes, I put a fence post down right beside the base of the plant, about 10-12 years ago. I thought that I might kill it doing that but it was where the post for a new fence had to go. It took a year but it came back as strong as ever, growing up once again along the trellis above the fence :).
They seem hard to kill!

Latest posts