LED 2835: What is an SMD 2835 LED and Application?

Wayne Liang

Sprout
Reaction score
An led 2835 is a type of Surface-Mount Device (SMD) light-emitting diode (LED) with specific dimensions and characteristics.Nowadays,SMD LED chip are widely use in different lighting application,profit from their character of high efficiency, abundant wavelength, full spectrum customize, long lifespan....Lighting application such as horticulture lighting, outdoor lighting, human centric lighting with option in LED 2835, LED 3030, LED 3535, LED 5050.

led-2835-3-.png

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Trying to help our new guy along here; most of us, myself included cringe while trying to assimilate the techno-jargon describing LED lighting! It’s a deep subject and most just associate these sophisticated lighting options with marijuana growing. Well, that’s probably a good assumption, however there is a real place for these in normal indoor gardens as well. I run Lush LED’s in my upstairs, winter garden and love them. My stuff is majorly old school now but im comfortable with it and how it performs.
Go on-line and pull up your pants legs cause it get’s deep real fast but do a little reading, skipping over articles which try and impress you with what they know. While your at it look at the COB led’s as well, them and the SMD’s both have as many pluses as negatives. Then look at how affordable this stuff is now days!

Consider this Food for thought; heck i may have some winter time Cucumber growing competition next Winter? A lot of these guys are real Scientist, there’s no reason we cant capitalize on that.

Last edited:

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This explains it best for those of us not techy enough to grasp the finer points of LED lighting.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
another very interesting thing to learn about is the discovery of the blue LED. that was determination...

That's fascinating. Who knew how important the blue LED would be. Without it, all the (white) light bulbs in my house would still be incandescent. Electricity, it's fascinating.