Let’s share variegated plants. Leaves, trees, shrubs, ponds , greenhouse and house plants.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Variegated Hypericum.
IMG_3822.jpegIMG_3819.jpeg

variegated Hydrangea's
IMG_3820.jpeg IMG_3821.jpeg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The photos I have of my own plants with variegated foliage are really poor, and I should try for better shots next year. Most of what I have are in my brookside gardens doing well despite being severely neglected this summer. This from a few years ago is knotweed (Painters Palette Persicaria) on the left and a potted coleus that I'd started the previous winter indoors from seed. The knotweed has spread as I'd hoped it would.
KnotweedPaintersPalettePersicariaAndColeus.JPG

These commercial pictures (below) show the knotweed better.
KnotweedPaintersPallet.jpg

Amongst the knotweed, this fish mint (below) is also flourishing. It is an Asian herb and I've used it in stir fries.
FishMint.jpg

I planted these trout lilies in a different garden from bulbs and they bloom each spring. Their leaves have a muted pattern reminiscent of trout viewed underwater from above. Again my photo doesn't do them justice.
TroutLiliesBrook7May2018b.jpg

Lastly another bad photo of a couple house plants grown from seed one year, coleus and polkadot plant.

ColeusAndPolkadotPlant.JPG

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@SPedgrees beautiful variegated foliage plants. It’s amazing just how well they all thrive in our gardens and your gorgeous houseplants. Thank you for sharing so many lovelies. 👍😍

A couple more variegated plants.
Mayapple (Dysosma delavayi)
IMG_3970.jpeg
IMG_3991.jpeg

Flower
IMG_3992.jpeg

Variegated mint.
IMG_3953.jpeg

Last edited:

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hoping more will join in and post their variegated pics.

Nature’s Art.

IMG_3971.jpeg

IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@SPedigrees Arum id the name of the first plant in post above . They also have these flowers called Cobra Lily’s. They can be invasive here, and I keep them surrounded by large stones and a concrete patio to keep them in check.
And seed pods interesting .

IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4017.jpeg