One Alaskans greenhouse

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks; The in-door fruits are cleaner (smoother) but the greenhouse fruit is considerably larger, thanks to real light; the Sun!

Either way; i’ll put my Cucumbers up against ANY store bought fruit for flavor and all of my friends will back me on that! In years past we’ve put up a dozen or more gallons of ferment pickles (refrigerator pickles) but this year Ruthy is having trouble with any of the ferment so i still grew as many plants and just gave them away, which was a win-win. Didn’t have to pickle em and have a lot more room in one of the storage refrigerators!
I gave my oldest grandson a cherry tomato and his facial expression said more than words but he was like OH MY GOD GRANDMA THAT'S SO GOOD! I said of course it's home grown not chemically grown.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And speaking of Cucumbers, we’ve had 4 straight days of sun and 50F which has the Greenhouse out doing itself!
I’ve put off shutting it down until i got the plow truck winter ready; which was finished up today, but it’s going to hurt having to pull up those Cucumber and Tomato plants!

Looking back just now i notice that i shut it all down on October 3rd last year; huh, that’s today!🫣

My weekend is full so i’ll take after it early next week. Right now there’s still 20 or so fruit that will finish and 40 flowers that wont have a chance. Then there’s at least 20 ripe Tomato’s hanging and a bunch of greenie’s. I was able to take a 4th and final cutting from the Stevia today as well. All in all it was an excellent year; thank you Lord!

Son in Law got another nice Moose this year.

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpeg
    IMG_3389.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And speaking of Cucumbers, we’ve had 4 straight days of sun and 50F which has the Greenhouse out doing itself!
I’ve put off shutting it down until i got the plow truck winter ready; which was finished up today, but it’s going to hurt having to pull up those Cucumber and Tomato plants!

Looking back just now i notice that i shut it all down on October 3rd last year; huh, that’s today!🫣

My weekend is full so i’ll take after it early next week. Right now there’s still 20 or so fruit that will finish and 40 flowers that wont have a chance. Then there’s at least 20 ripe Tomato’s hanging and a bunch of greenie’s. I was able to take a 4th and final cutting from the Stevia today as well. All in all it was an excellent year; thank you Lord!

That's a gorgeous rack.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Wow! Those antlers are huge! I've never sampled moose meat. Is it like elk?