One Alaskans greenhouse

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today i turned 4 good size Birch trees into firewood and re-claimed enough “wilderness” to give me a Mega Comfrey bed! This new area is 30’ by 80’ and will easily hold the intended 50-60 plants. I will open up the orchard fence to include this piece and get this all tilled in the spring.
During the tree felling one of them “bumped” the bee hive hard enough that i was concerned about comb breakage inside. There was no immediate reaction and i kept moving. Then later this afternoon i noticed them flying pretty strong and yes it was a blue bird day but it only got to 42f today. Hopefully they're just enjoying the afternoon and not mad enough at me to move!🫣

Ive been noticing the Magpies hanging around lately. They must be able to read my mind or rely on some other sense to know that this weekend i will bring home our Yak (sides) and begin processing it. Year after year i save the rib sections and hang them on “the bird feeder” and try to keep something for the birds thru most of the winter. There’s a lot more feed value in red meat than some crappy wal-mart seeds that came from who knows where?

Attachments

• IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3412.jpeg
    IMG_3412.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today i turned 4 good size Birch trees into firewood and re-claimed enough “wilderness” to give me a Mega Comfrey bed! This new area is 30’ by 80’ and will easily hold the intended 50-60 plants. I will open up the orchard fence to include this piece and get this all tilled in the spring.
That's huge. I'm happy to see your work for getting the space you desire. I hope your comfrey will be a huge success

Latest posts