Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
20240703_151428.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am a long way from fresh tomatoes in the garden. But my greenhouse tomatoes have been quite satisfying. View attachment 66515
Those look yummy!
We had a neighbor years back that lived next to us that grew those large beef steak tomatoes. He told us to come pick and eat them when they are ripe because he doesn't to like to eat tomatoes! Go figure? I always wondered why he bothered growing them.... And that's all he grew in his garden! I was confused, yet grateful! 😁

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those look yummy!
We had a neighbor years back that lived next to us that grew those large beef steak tomatoes. He told us to come pick and eat them when they are ripe because he doesn't to like to eat tomatoes! Go figure? I always wondered why he bothered growing them.... And that's all he grew in his garden! I was confused, yet grateful! 😁

some people are good at certain things but not the rest and perhaps he just didn't have the time to pick and process them and was happy that there was someone else who would?

when i was a kid we'd go pick tomatoes at a friend's place, they grew a lot of them so we could pick bushels at a time for canning. we paid them so much per bushel and it was a happy arrangement.

i'm actually somewhat similar in that i enjoy the planting, growing, watering, weeding parts and i also enjoy the canning, but picking and harvesting are not what i do very much of. i also really don't like thinning.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
some people are good at certain things but not the rest and perhaps he just didn't have the time to pick and process them and was happy that there was someone else who would?

when i was a kid we'd go pick tomatoes at a friend's place, they grew a lot of them so we could pick bushels at a time for canning. we paid them so much per bushel and it was a happy arrangement.

i'm actually somewhat similar in that i enjoy the planting, growing, watering, weeding parts and i also enjoy the canning, but picking and harvesting are not what i do very much of. i also really don't like thinning.
I don't like thinning. I always feel like I'm wasting plants! Lol! I just don't do it!