Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
1000005972.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Help me get my feet back on the ground!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240620_124923_Chrome.jpg

It's the Summer Solstice and at this latitude, the day is almost exactly 16 hours and night is 8 hours. And, that is officially so!

So, I am thinking – how is this possibly true ... 24 hours in the day ... at 48⁰ North ... 1/3rd dark, 2/3rds light ... okay, it's 24 hours of daylight at 66 1/3⁰ North and on to 90⁰ North it's 24 hours above that entire circle above Europe above Asia because of the tilt so at 48⁰ Nnnooorrth oh, good gracious!!

Well, a six foot tall object casts a 27 1/2 inch shadow at high noon today at this latitude.

thEVE

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Help me get my feet back on the ground!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Timely...family just binged, LOTR again this last week.
MY favorite line:
"The way is shut.
It was made by the dead and the dead Keep it."

My favorite scene is the Army of the Dead devour the enemy on the field of battle.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Timely...family just binged, LOTR again this last week.
MY favorite line:
"The way is shut.
It was made by the dead and the dead Keep it."

My favorite scene is the Army of the Dead devour the enemy on the field of battle.

i just reread the four books. every time i read them there's new perspectives and things to enjoy.

maybe some day i'll translate it into Shavian:

The Shavian Alphabet𐑐 Peep - 𐑑 Tot - 𐑒 Kick - 𐑓 Fee - 𐑔 THigh - 𐑕 So - 𐑖 Sure - 𐑗 CHurch - 𐑘 Yea - 𐑙 huNG 𐑚 Bib - 𐑛 Dead - 𐑜 Gag - 𐑝 Vow - 𐑞 THey - 𐑟 Zoo - 𐑠 meaSure - 𐑡 Judge - 𐑢 Woe - 𐑣 Ha-ha𐑤 Loll - 𐑮 Roar - 𐑥 Mime - 𐑯 Nun - 𐑦 If - 𐑰 EAt - 𐑧 Egg - 𐑱 Age - 𐑨 Ash - 𐑲 Ice𐑩 Ado - 𐑳 Up - 𐑪 On - 𐑴 OAk - 𐑫 wOOl - 𐑵 OOze - 𐑬 OUt - 𐑶 OIl - 𐑭 Ah - 𐑷 AWe 𐑸 ARe - 𐑹 OR - 𐑺 AIR - 𐑻 ERR - 𐑼 ARRay - 𐑽 EAR - 𐑾 IAn - 𐑿 YEW