AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
448598058_10160055720526765_8144414838367074532_n.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Amori, had a lovely night's sleep.

I found him to be completely exhausted yesterday at 5pm. It was worrying. So I picked him up and brought him inside.
It took a little while to convince him he was safe, he kept holding onto my old slipper so I added it to the bed cave that I made ready for him.
Then made him his meal with a little catnip in to relax him and added catnip into my old sock. He used his potty for a wee with no problems

He slept like a baby until my dog woke me up to go outside. He wasn't to keen too get up but after breakfast he asked to go outside. He has just come in for a little snack. Amori is still nervous of my old boy but they both had their snacks together in the kitchen with no issues

Here is my new little lad now posing for his picture to be taken, out on top of my chickens outside shelter 😀
1000002369.jpg

I just love his little heart marking on his chest, it's so cute and he's such an affectionate little soul.

A gentleman up on the next road, told me this little one just paces around looking for food and doesn't appear to have anyone to care for him. I will try to see if he's chipped soon.

Edited. I have just ordered a pet scanner.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a couple of little walks in a heritage garden this week, @Marie2020 .

As we exited through the gate, I saw a nice big catnip plant back on the garden side of the fence. Sure, I was tempted to go back, pluck it and bring it home to dry under my deck roof. I mean, it's an invasive weed from the other side of the world so ... still, the signs say to stay on the paths ;).

I'm not sure if I want to see more of it around but after the neighborhood tortoiseshell 🐈‍⬛ robbed me of that one plant that volunteered in the greenhouse path, I feel that Nature owes me some catnip to dry for tea ...

:D Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had a couple of little walks in a heritage garden this week, @Marie2020 .

As we exited through the gate, I saw a nice big catnip plant back on the garden side of the fence. Sure, I was tempted to go back, pluck it and bring it home to dry under my deck roof. I mean, it's an invasive weed from the other side of the world so ... still, the signs say to stay on the paths ;).

I'm not sure if I want to see more of it around but after the neighborhood tortoiseshell 🐈‍⬛ robbed me of that one plant that volunteered in the greenhouse path, I feel that Nature owes me some catnip to dry for tea ...

:D Steve
Eww . I think catnip tea would taste gross 😝

I shall have to look up the bennifits of this though, as you may well have seen in a thread I started. I found a weed which Baymule correctly found the name to be Stachys Sylvatica or woundwort.
This was used in the 17th century by a herbalist by the name of John Gérard.

Back to the catnip, I wonder if this would survive in pots.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
would taste gross 😝
Gross is a good way to describe it fresh, yep.

There must be some herbalistic terms for herbs that concentrate flavors with drying and those that lose flavors. Catnip certainly loses flavor. The result reminds me a little of fresh cut hay ... Well, maybe some  wild hay type ... purple haze ... ?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gross is a good way to describe it fresh, yep.

There must be some herbalistic terms for herbs that concentrate flavors with drying and those that lose flavors. Catnip certainly loses flavor. The result reminds me a little of fresh cut hay ... Well, maybe some  wild hay type ... purple haze ... ?
:ep Steady on there Steve. 👮‍♂️🚔

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Take another sip my love and see what you will see,
A fleet of golden galleons, on a crystal sea.
Are you sitting comfortably?
Let Merlin cast his spell.

Latest posts