What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
And maybe a fig or orange tree. Maybe an apple... Peach tree? SURE! OOOH, AVOCADOS!
Ok I openly admit I'm jealous that you can grow avocados on your property! I love where I live but I'd love to have some of those in my backyard.
I was thinking the exact same thing, Jared!! :)
(Well, aside from that whole "loving where I live" part .... that is NOT the case for me.)
I'm avocado GREEN about it, in fact! :lol:

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
SweetMissDaisy said:
Jared77 said:
And maybe a fig or orange tree. Maybe an apple... Peach tree? SURE! OOOH, AVOCADOS!
Ok I openly admit I'm jealous that you can grow avocados on your property! I love where I live but I'd love to have some of those in my backyard.
I was thinking the exact same thing, Jared!! :)
(Well, aside from that whole "loving where I live" part .... that is NOT the case for me.)
I'm avocado GREEN about it, in fact! :lol:
Frankly, I don't know how well they do here. I've seen some for sale, and if I run across the right variety I'll be hard-pressed to say no. But I don't see many avocado trees around, and I don't see many avocados at the local farmers' markets, so.... ?

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since tuesday, I've planted: corn, delecata and butternut squash, honeydew, watermelon, cucumber, zucchini, butterstick squash, green and yellow wax beans, parsley, sage, tarragon, gerkina pappers, par-cel, eggplant, garden cress, green onions, artichoke, nasturtium, and various flower bulbs. WHEW!! Busy week! Tomorrow I want to dig a small new plot for leeks and shallots. :D Looking forward to eating these things!

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Snow peas, snow corn, snow carrots, snow lettuce, & 8 more inch's of snow.

luvsdirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh my, stano.....it will be 85 here today....will be putting out the remaining tomato plants and getting ready for planting squash, cukes, beans and much more; however, it did frost a few nights ago and looks like it got my cherry tomatoes - will have to find some more. Good luck with all those "snow" varieties.....:tools

mare

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Planted gooseberry and 2 cherry trees today. Will also be planting peas to replace some of the ones that didn't come up.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I had 97 here yesterday in the high desert and today is windy and only 80. I spent the morning planting crocosmia, liatris, wild onion, rock roses and two different heights of sunflowers. I also planted the drip line. I have petunias, shasta daisy and nemesia in bloom and when I looked at the fruit trees my apricot tree has fruit. Now by Saturday next week we will have rin coming in and snow down to 6000 feet so it will turn cold again. My tomatoes have flowers on them so I may have to cover them at night again. We have such fickle spring weather.

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted 3 different variates of tomatoes inside today, Mortgage Lifter, Chocolate Stripes, and Riesentraube which translates to "giant bunch of grapes".