What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My garden is under 4" of snow as of this morning! I need to dig out my lettuce and spinach so I can harvest some.

Monica

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ron said:
Re: Hydroponics
I am having great results my Aerogarden. Lettuce is growing at an unbelievable rate.
Ohhhh... I wanted to get one of those so I could have tomatoes in the house for the winter!

Did you get the smaller one like they have at Bed Bath & Beyond? I asked my mom for one for Christmas. My mother-in-law gave me pots to start my garden inside :)

rosajrms

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
just a little update on my small hydroponic garden

The beans are looking great, about 6 inches tall, a little spindly, but starting to get their 3rd set of leaves.

The peas are a little worrisome. They are about 3 inches tall, but, the little leaves are curled inwards. It that normal? The are adding little branches though.

Thanks

Ron

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem: no, I got one of the larger ones, but any size should be great. I am harvesting some lettuce today, 3 weeks and one day after I planted them!

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yesterda I added 5 new trees to my orchard. Tow avodcados, three types of oranges and a fig. Yeahhhh!!!!! I can't wait for the Blood Oranges. They are soooo good.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chinese Cabbage, Lettuce, Showy Milkweed and Tropical Milkweed seeds in the windowsill starter garden.

Used 1 1/2 " tubes made from XMAS paper rolls, filled with moist peat moss as the planting medium....

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beavis.... Did you close the bottoms of the tubes? I was trying to figure out if they needed to be plugged somehow. I have about twenty TP rolls. I was going to cut them in half. Not sure exactly the plan yet. g

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't close off the bottom of the TP rolls, but as you can see in the pictures, they are sitting in plastic pencil boxes for support.

Also, as they dry out, I suspect I would add water to the pencil boxes and let it slowly wick up into the soil.

The soil by the way was just 100% peat moss, soaked in water and then stuffed into the tubes.

P1010275-1.jpg

P1010276-1.jpg

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow, those look great. Now I have something else I need to do today. Which way does the window face? South? I have a glass door on my laundry room, facing south. But thats it in that direction. may be my best bet due to the fact the room is allways warm. My dining room has a ton of windows but they are west and North. Which would you use?? g

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My windowsill in the picture is facing East.

Your Southern window sounds good to me, keeping the seeds warm and lots of sunlight would probably be best.

I am planning on moving mine out to the greenhouse if the seedlings start to look a bit lanky.

Latest posts