What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I envy you your citrus trees. I live in the high desert and they don't do well here. I do have peach and apricot but they aren't doing as well as I like. It's hard to grow things here. We at least do well with a veggie garden. It gets so, so hot here and we have such desicating winds not to mention cold, cold winters.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If I could convince my husband to let me take up more of his precious grass space, I would love to put in a grapefruit and a pomegranate. I think I am going to be happy with the orange, nectarine, and plum that we have now. Wait a minute... I forgot that our apple tree out back didn't make it through the year. I think a grapefruit tree is on my wish list!

flgardengirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Beautiful citrus trees. I have several small ones that I have potted even though they do well here in the ground lol.

I didnt actually plant anything today but yesterday I repotted up several night blooming jasmine and maid or orleans jasmine cuttings that finally took off and got too big for thier community pots. Also separated some variegated monstera plants into thier own pots and a few baby LSU purple fig tree cuttings, lots of brugmansia, dragon fruit, banana shrubs, a gardenia, and a yesterday-today-and tomorrow plant.

This is my first post here btw, I finally joined..I am lazy lol.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Florida Garden Girl! All you Florida gardeners have to tell us all about your gardens this winter! I'll be sitting in zone 4 convinced spring will never arrive! Glad you joined!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have started: cineraria, calceolaria, calendula, dianthus and zinnia to grow indoors this winter and dispel the winter gloom in New York.:rolleyes:

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted three more Citrus trees today. I officially have a Citrus "grove" now. I planted a Blood Orange, a Calamondin (its an asian variety, very sour and small 1-2" orange fruit) and a Lemon variety known as Pink Lemonade that has pink flesh and when squeezed makes pink lemonade.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My husband and I planted10 fence posts today in preparation for spring. I'm tired of having rabbits destroy my flowers so we're making a secure area to keep them out. They can't get into the rose and bearded iris bed or the veggie garden but they love to eat my flowers that come up in the spring so we're fencing them out. We'll bury the fencing also to stop them from digging under. We had to do that with the other fencing we put up.

We planted two new trees last week. One is a Raywood Ash and I don't know the name of the other that turns a red/bronze in the fall. They're about 10 feet tall so they'll grow fast.

flgardengirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a variegated lemon that has striped outer rind and pink flesh on the lemon but when I juiced them the juice is the regular color. It was supposed to be pink juice but it isn't, the flesh is a pretty pink though. I like my meyer lemon the best.
I would grow it just for the blooms alone. It smells better than the best jasmine and they are a pretty purplish pink and white color. The lemons are great though.

Latest posts