What's DirtMechanic up to?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sitting in the massage chair with a sore back a lot lately. In addition to my compost pile I ordered 7 yards of compost and hardwood bark and have been shoveling it about under plants in anticipation of our dry time which starts now depending on hurricanes or tropical depressions coming through. There is just no easy way to move earthen materials so I use a small wheelbarrow and a light but long shovel and try to be persistant about moving the piles.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You need to be taking care of yourself, DirtMechanic.

Try to think of yourself as a valued addition to your landscape, umm, your  yarden ... Maybe as an unexpected but delightful seedling that appeared in fertile ground.

Likely, you have a sophisticated, controlled and comfortable indoor environment for your DW, the cats and puppy, who must be a grown dog by now. Outdoors need not be a place of laborious effort especially if you are needing healing time.

Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You need to be taking care of yourself, DirtMechanic.

Try to think of yourself as a valued addition to your landscape, umm, your  yarden ... Maybe as an unexpected but delightful seedling that appeared in fertile ground.

Likely, you have a sophisticated, controlled and comfortable indoor environment for your DW, the cats and puppy, who must be a grown dog by now. Outdoors need not be a place of laborious effort especially if you are needing healing time.

Steve

Pepper has grown up.

View attachment 67619View attachment 67620View attachment 67621
injuries and illnesses can certainly slow things down... please take good care of yourself there. :) i tell Mom from time to time that i'm not in this gardening to make my life worse so i do have to listen to it when it starts complaining that i've done something wrong...
I am with you. I have only (this far) made two mistakes that have really impacted my health and they are attempting to play American style football in high school where I suffered a back injury and also working up tall ladders where I learned older folks are not as flexible as younger folks by hurting my back in another place.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
After crawling out of bed too dang early this AM, I crawled back in bed to fall asleep.

I woke up again to the sound of my own voice saying in my mind, "I'd rather keep it as my friend than make it my enemy." I was talking about my body and woke up wondering "what part?"

Yeah well, any and all.

:) Steve

Latest posts