Would You Buy A Haunted House If Super Cheap?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes. Haunted means nothing to me. I'd pass on ornate house like that-too much upkeep.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes....haunted doesn't mean anything to me either. But, I'm with Seed on the upkeep....it would have to be much, much, much cheaper in price before I'd buy it and then I'd capitalize on the whole haunted thing by turning it into a bed and breakfast to make it pay for its own upkeep. Plenty of fools out there wanting to stay in "haunted" houses.

Can you imagine how much it would take to heat and cool that big ol' thing????? :th I love how it looks...I've always loved old Victorian homes with wrap around porches, balconies, gingerbreading and such, but they do take a lot of upkeep, especially if they are in town and there's rules about upkeep and appearance.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always wanted one of those tower rooms for my bedroom. We had a similar one in town when I was a kid. We called it the castle.

Mom and I used to daydream about having a house like that out in the country somewhere (with a big ol' barn of course). Mom and I were great daydreamers.

So, yes, I would. Haunted schmaunted.

Edit- I should clarify that what I meant by "we had a similar one" was that it was in the same town, it wasn't our house.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful house, Nyboy! I'd not be afraid of staying there with you on a visit, but I see way too much upkeep and expense for an old lady at this point in my life. Haunted isn't the problem, IMHO.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would depend on who was haunting it. Our house in Livingston was built by a old couple who were forced to sell their ranch. It now sits at the bottom of Lake Livingston. They were in their 70's when they built what became our home. The man died in a nursing home, the woman died in the house. Both were there in the house and would make themselves known from time to time. They didn't bother me.

There are spirits that are evil and I would not stay in a place where I felt uncomfortable or frightened. Yes I believe in ghosts and not all of them are friendly spirits like the old couple that built our previous home. If a home gave me that creepy feeling up my spine, nope, nada, no way.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that house is cheap! Last week I saw a show called A Haunting. It was about a family that bought a house which turned out to be haunted. Stuff kept happening and when it got dangerous they finally had to move out. It was pretty realistic for me. So I guess I wouldn't buy one.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandmother was a very powerful medium she saw and spoke with ghosts every day. She was highly religious and called the ghost angels. She would often say last night a angel came to my bedroom. I have seen ghost briefly but never spoke to them the way she could. The ghost haunting Westport house was named Thomas, he did scare me good when I saw him. I did not believe in him till one night alone in house he appeared.