Would You Buy A Haunted House If Super Cheap?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That is a lovely house! I'd buy it, ghosts or not. I don't mind ghosts or "history" in houses, but I am very finicky about the atmosphere in places and how I feel there. I never lived in a haunted house, but I did work in no less than three haunted premises. A shop, a B&B and a hotel. None of the spirits or happenings there bothered me.

Many years ago my parents were looking to buy a house in a nearby town from where we lived and I went with my mom and brother to view a house for sale. One bedroom in the house stopped me in my tracks, I couldn't enter it. I felt so uncomfortable I went outside and skipped the rest of the viewing. Driving back I overheard my mom say to my brother that a woman was brutally murdered in that house. No prizes for guessing in which room. I was so relieved when my mom said she did not like the house and they won't consider buying it.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we first moved to Washington about 4 years ago, we rented a 10 year old 1300 sq. ft. tract house in the suburb of this small town. One winter night I saw what looked like a puff of smoke or fog coming from the edge of the hall way into the living room. About a week later I just happend to glance down that hallway while I was sitting in my easy chair watching TV and saw what appeared to be like a 5 year old Indian girl just skipping down the hallway with a toy in her hand then disapeared in a puff of smoke. All in all my wife and I saw this little girl about a dozen times. Haunted ? yes ! Scary ? NO !