Your Weather, 2024

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It went to 0C/32F last night (so the weather net says) but nothing was damaged last night, possibly because much was wet from the day's drizzling. I still see no frost for the next week, though I suppose that could change. Fantastic weather for mid October. I may even get one more paddleboard session in with DD tomorrow.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s Smokey outside from forest fires. The wind blowing west toward the coast. It’s predicted to rain tomorrow and the next few days. Been outside getting the garden winterized.
75F high 47F low. Summer is over and Autumn has arrived IMG_4693.jpeg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It’s Smokey outside from forest fires. The wind blowing west toward the coast. It’s predicted to rain tomorrow and the next few days. Been outside getting the garden winterized.
75F high 47F low. Summer is over and Autumn has arrivedView attachment 69713
Is that view from your home, Shades-of-Oregon? If so you live in a lovely place,

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Saw the first flock of Canada geese headed southward high overhead today. Still no frost, but the next 3 nights will probably bring it. Found this little critter on my garden hose this morning.

WoolyBearCaterpillar.JPG

Legend has it that when the orange band on a woolly bear caterpillar is shorter/narrower, the winter will be severe, while a longer/wider band signifies that a mild winter is approaching. So if this old wives tale is to be believed there will be less snow to shovel and less fuel oil to be burnt.