2024 Little Easy Bean Network - Growing Heirloom Beans Of Today And Tomorrow

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
the photo of the purple bean looks manipulated (even the hand looks more purple than it should).

the pattern of seed coat is same as Purple Dove and not at all like the Prince Purple on your website?
How do people manipulate photos? I know that is such a low tech/no tech question but I'm honestly curious? Is it some app thing?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do people manipulate photos? I know that is such a low tech/no tech question but I'm honestly curious? Is it some app thing?

yes, some programs will change the values of the the colors, exposure, hue, etc. however you wish. i use a program called GIMP which will let you edit down to any level of detail you'd care to play with.

please note that this may not be a flagrant manipulation as some cameras will autoadjust by default. my own camera, if i take a raw picture image will need to adjust the exposure at a minimum to look "right". i can set it up to do automatic white balancing and other things too if i'd like but i don't, i just wait to see what the picture looks like and then adjust it. i probably don't have something set up right to begin with. :) it can get complicated... :) especially when you consider that you are looking at a picture on several devices (the screen of the camera as compared to how it appears on a desktop monitor which may be using completely different technology to display it, etc.).

Last edited:

Latest posts