Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like your on the upswing!
Yes! I ran the ewes that I weaned the lambs of of through the chute Monday and took fecal samples. I processed them Tuesday and the worm counts were very low, some even zero.
Not out of the woods on my lambs yet, but they are much better.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another dead lamb Saturday morning, that makes 9. I was down in the dumps all day.

To top it off, the triplet lambs I’m caring for got coccidiosis. Diarrhea, dirty butts, squirts. I’ve treated them with 2 different medications and they were still squirting. I scrubbed their back ends a with Dawn Saturday morning so I could see if they had fresh diarrhea. They did.
So I went old school. They each got a raw egg in their milk twice a day to help stop the diarrhea. I drenched them twice a day with apple cider vinegar and honey. This morning I scrubbed their dirty little butts again. The 2 ram lambs have stopped the diarrhea, the ewe lamb is still squirting. So I drenched them all 3 with ACV and honey, waited an hour and they got a generous dose of kaopectate. Then no milk, but a bottle of electrolytes. They are on hay and water, plus the ACV and honey, B vitamins paste, probiotics paste, and kaopectate if needed.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another dead lamb Saturday morning, that makes 9. I was down in the dumps all day.

To top it off, the triplet lambs I’m caring for got coccidiosis. Diarrhea, dirty butts, squirts. I’ve treated them with 2 different medications and they were still squirting. I scrubbed their back ends a with Dawn Saturday morning so I could see if they had fresh diarrhea. They did.
So I went old school. They each got a raw egg in their milk twice a day to help stop the diarrhea. I drenched them twice a day with apple cider vinegar and honey. This morning I scrubbed their dirty little butts again. The 2 ram lambs have stopped the diarrhea, the ewe lamb is still squirting. So I drenched them all 3 with ACV and honey, waited an hour and they got a generous dose of kaopectate. Then no milk, but a bottle of electrolytes. They are on hay and water, plus the ACV and honey, B vitamins paste, probiotics paste, and kaopectate if needed.
You probably have tested them for giardia, but if not, it's easier to treat than coccidia, in case both infections are present. Have you used sulfa drugs for the coccidia? Poor little guys with undeveloped immune systems are easy victims for these evil microbes. :-(