Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have a guy coming this morning to buy a ram lamb.

I found that I had separated two ram lambs with the ewe lambs when I sorted them out. How did that get by me? :lol: I sort them out this morning, sneaky little stinkers! I’ll be looking CLOSER this morning!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have a guy coming this morning to buy a ram lamb.

I found that I had separated two ram lambs with the ewe lambs when I sorted them out. How did that get by me? :lol: I sort them out this morning, sneaky little stinkers! I’ll be looking CLOSER this morning!

what is sheep for changing the oil? if you can figure that out you can get the rams to sort themselves out by doing that and standing around muttering to yourself... well, ok, i know that won't work because you're the treat lady and also the Momma and all that too, but it was a thought that came to mind as i was reading. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The prolapse ewe and her triplets are going home this morning. I got a bucket of sudsy water and the water goes with a nozzle for rinsing and scrubbed their butts yesterday morning. They did not like it, but I want them going home all clean and healthy. They weren’t very dirty, I’ve been consumed with keeping them alive and healthy, so while they had diarrhea, they got several butt washings.

IMG_6844.jpeg

I also had a ewe lamb of my own that had a dried dirty butt. This sounds bad, but I didn’t think she would survive. I was overwhelmed by trying to medicate and treat lambs and them dropping dead, that I just didn’t take the time to clean her up. She is small, so I stuffed her in the bucket for a good soaking. LOL She is probably stunted by the worms and coccidia, but she will get every chance I can give her to grow to her full potential. If she stays small, I won’t keep her, it will bring problems with birthing lambs.

IMG_6843.jpeg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The prolapse ewe and her triplets are going home this morning. I got a bucket of sudsy water and the water goes with a nozzle for rinsing and scrubbed their butts yesterday morning. They did not like it, but I want them going home all clean and healthy. They weren’t very dirty, I’ve been consumed with keeping them alive and healthy, so while they had diarrhea, they got several butt washings.

View attachment 66932

I also had a ewe lamb of my own that had a dried dirty butt. This sounds bad, but I didn’t think she would survive. I was overwhelmed by trying to medicate and treat lambs and them dropping dead, that I just didn’t take the time to clean her up. She is small, so I stuffed her in the bucket for a good soaking. LOL She is probably stunted by the worms and coccidia, but she will get every chance I can give her to grow to her full potential. If she stays small, I won’t keep her, it will bring problems with birthing lambs.

View attachment 66933
Oh that poor lamb stuffed into the bucket! She looks as miserable as a dog having a bath! Hope all their health woes are in the past now.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just got a text saying she (Baymule) can't get online this a.m. due to weather. She is 100 miles from the gulf. Beyerl is coming at her. So, she is hunkered down. Looking like only 5 to 7 inches of rain. She will update here later or let me know if she is still off-line.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
FINALLY! I got online! Yes I am ok. I’m in the direct path of Beryl which is only a Cat 1 and will most likely downgrade to a tropical storm by the time it gets here.

It’s been raining all morning, I went out at 7 and cared for animals. They are all hunkered down in their shelters.

Channel 13 in Houston lost power, went dark, then off the air for awhile. They are back up and running now.

The winds are what does the most damage, winds are not very strong right now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Power went off at 11:50 AM. Wind has shook the house. I can see this would be a bad place to be in a full force hurricane. Rain blew sideways in torrents, has let up some. Animals have stayed under cover all day. I made chicken and rice for the dogs, the Anatolians have been hunkered down with the sheep.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
FINALLY! I got online! Yes I am ok. I’m in the direct path of Beryl which is only a Cat 1 and will most likely downgrade to a tropical storm by the time it gets here.

It’s been raining all morning, I went out at 7 and cared for animals. They are all hunkered down in their shelters.

Channel 13 in Houston lost power, went dark, then off the air for awhile. They are back up and running now.

The winds are what does the most damage, winds are not very strong right now.
Almost texted you but realized it would be very late at night for you in Texas, so I messaged here instead. Glad you're okay!

Latest posts