Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just make a cream sauce of milk, cream, and melted butter with flour added as a thickener (use an egg beater to blend these while it is heating) and add salt and lots of black pepper. Then combine with cooked corn scraped from the cobs with a sharp knife.
Sounds like the creamed corn we grew up on.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the creamed corn we grew up on.

ours always came in a can. i didn't much like it until i got older, then i discovered cooking on my own and experimented... :) Mom had to start telling me things she was planning on using so i wouldn't get into them though i must admit that marachino cherries were very hard for me to resist (and still are but i do have a bit more self-control now).

i don't really much like corn, but i can tolerate it when it comes off the cob fresh cooked a bit to warm it up, better when it is roasted on the grill a bit. cut off the cob makes it way too easy to eat. i like to pretend i'm the typewriter head and mow down the rows a few at a time as i go back and forth... the extra bit of fun is that you get a 2nd or 3rd meal picking all of it out of your teeth later.

Latest posts