Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just make a cream sauce of milk, cream, and melted butter with flour added as a thickener (use an egg beater to blend these while it is heating) and add salt and lots of black pepper. Then combine with cooked corn scraped from the cobs with a sharp knife.
Sounds like the creamed corn we grew up on.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the creamed corn we grew up on.

ours always came in a can. i didn't much like it until i got older, then i discovered cooking on my own and experimented... :) Mom had to start telling me things she was planning on using so i wouldn't get into them though i must admit that marachino cherries were very hard for me to resist (and still are but i do have a bit more self-control now).

i don't really much like corn, but i can tolerate it when it comes off the cob fresh cooked a bit to warm it up, better when it is roasted on the grill a bit. cut off the cob makes it way too easy to eat. i like to pretend i'm the typewriter head and mow down the rows a few at a time as i go back and forth... the extra bit of fun is that you get a 2nd or 3rd meal picking all of it out of your teeth later.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ours always came in a can. i didn't much like it until i got older, then i discovered cooking on my own and experimented... :) Mom had to start telling me things she was planning on using so i wouldn't get into them though i must admit that marachino cherries were very hard for me to resist (and still are but i do have a bit more self-control now).

i don't really much like corn, but i can tolerate it when it comes off the cob fresh cooked a bit to warm it up, better when it is roasted on the grill a bit. cut off the cob makes it way too easy to eat. i like to pretend i'm the typewriter head and mow down the rows a few at a time as i go back and forth... the extra bit of fun is that you get a 2nd or 3rd meal picking all of it out of your teeth later.
I have the teeth problem to. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try microwaving it with the husk on. The husk needs to not have been opened. I nuke big ears for 3 minutes.

we don't peel the husks off until they're done. depends upon how many ears you put in at a time and your microwave's power level to know what time to use, but for us if we do six ears at a time it's six minutes and we turn them half way through and i move the inner ones to the outer layer so they all come out about the same. if it is just one ear it's hot enough for me after a few minutes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The battery was fine until I left the key on. So the drain on the battery is me. I charged it up, ran it around the yard a little and parked it. This morning, dead. I guess I didn’t run it enough to get a good charge.

I did it y’all! I loaded the tractor all by myself! I strapped it down with ratchet straps, another one of those confounding things I have to re-figure it out every time I use them.

I lined up the ramps, have a deep rooted fear of tractor falling off of them. Irrational, but it’s there. I drove that tractor right up those ramps and it didn’t fall off. LOL Got to son’s house, undid straps, another learning experience-every darn time- and put the ramps in the right spot and backed the tractor off. I mowed for 2 hours, the grass was so thick that it bogged down the tractor. It doesn’t look great, but it looks better. He has 2 acres, I mowed most of it. Carson was crying and screaming bloody murder when I was pulling out, so I let him go. I tied him in the shade so I wouldn’t worry about him getting out on the highway. He is laid out in the floor like he did all the work.

I got home, unstraped and unloaded. Unhitched the trailer and parked the truck. I’m kinda proud of myself. BJ always did that stuff, I helped him. Teamwork. Now my teammate is a dog and he’s not much help. 😂😃😂😃😂

IMG_7329.jpeg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The battery was fine until I left the key on. So the drain on the battery is me. I charged it up, ran it around the yard a little and parked it. This morning, dead. I guess I didn’t run it enough to get a good charge.

I did it y’all! I loaded the tractor all by myself! I strapped it down with ratchet straps, another one of those confounding things I have to re-figure it out every time I use them.

I lined up the ramps, have a deep rooted fear of tractor falling off of them. Irrational, but it’s there. I drove that tractor right up those ramps and it didn’t fall off. LOL Got to son’s house, undid straps, another learning experience-every darn time- and put the ramps in the right spot and backed the tractor off. I mowed for 2 hours, the grass was so thick that it bogged down the tractor. It doesn’t look great, but it looks better. He has 2 acres, I mowed most of it. Carson was crying and screaming bloody murder when I was pulling out, so I let him go. I tied him in the shade so I wouldn’t worry about him getting out on the highway. He is laid out in the floor like he did all the work.

I got home, unstraped and unloaded. Unhitched the trailer and parked the truck. I’m kinda proud of myself. BJ always did that stuff, I helped him. Teamwork. Now my teammate is a dog and he’s not much help. 😂😃😂😃😂

View attachment 69560
Way to go Bay. Those ramps terrify me when someone else is loading/unloading let alone trying it myself. I think I might have been as much help as Carson. LOL

Latest posts