Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wedding cake extreme failure. The bride has Celiac disease and absolutely cannot have gluten. The mother provided a list of things that she cannot eat. Sarah bought gluten free tortillas and fixed her plate specifically just for her.

That vulgar horrible failure of a human being not only brought ugly cakes, but evidently did not use gluten free ingredients. The bride got sick and was taken to the hospital. 2 days after the wedding, she was still in the hospital. Mother has turned that miserable example of low life trash, in to the health department.
Mother of the bride told Sarah that the taco bar was good food, everyone raved about it and there was nothing left. She also they would use her for all their catering needs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m going for day 2 on painting inside Peggy and Bennett’s new house. Yesterday I painted the small kitchen, lots of cutting in with my trusty 1” brush. I freehand most of it. This morning I’ll pull the blue tape and paint the baseboards where the refrigerator goes, it’s being delivered this evening.

Got 1 bedroom cut in, ceiling, baseboards and trim around doors. Turned Peggy loose with roller, extension rod and paint pan. She happily went to town on it. Got started on second bedroom.

Going back this morning to have another Paint Party.

Got new neighbors! A couple with 3 boys with ADDHD . They bought 7 1/2 acres across and down the road. Met them yesterday, they are camping in a yurt. Purely city folks. He’s an Iraq combat veteran, disabled and retired. They love to garden, so I offered to break up a garden for them with my tractor and disc. They came over last night to see the sheep and boys gave them and Sheba animal crackers-what they didn’t eat themselves. They are eager to learn and I’ll help them all I can.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule I am impressed with you kindness and your eagerness you have shared with your new neighbors. 👏
When I was younger, often times it was older women who taught me. One neighbor taught me how to make yeast dinner rolls. I still have that recipe memorized. Another taught me to blanch peas to freeze them. And the list goes on. Anytime I find someone wanting to learn, I’m happy to teach them. My new neighbor to be wants to learn canning. I’m delighted to teach her.
Her husband pointed at goat weed and proudly proclaimed, “That’s cotton!”
“Ummm , no, that’s goat weed.”
:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
How sad!! I made a b'day cake, gluten free, box mix at WalMart, for my friend who cannot eat gluten. Salsa Party, Oct, 12th, was her b'day and she asked for whipped cream frosting with strawberries. It was Really good!
She took 1/2 of it home bc she loved it and needs to gain weight.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
How sad!! I made a b'day cake, gluten free, box mix at WalMart, for my friend who cannot eat gluten. Salsa Party, Oct, 12th, was her b'day and she asked for whipped cream frosting with strawberries. It was Really good!
She took 1/2 of it home bc she loved it and needs to gain weight.

if they can figure out gluten intolerance as a dieting plan you can stop spending a lot of money on drugs and just fire up the gluten and poo your weight away...

thank you, thank you, i'll be here all night...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Painted every day last week. We got both bedrooms painted, Peggy rolled walls. I put 2 coats of white paint on baseboards, windowsills and door frames. Flooring was delivered Friday afternoon for the bedrooms. We also worked on both bathrooms, both closets and a small crafts room. We’ve done lots of taping, I do the cutting in, Peggy’s on the roller. She is so proud of painting her own house. I keep telling her she’s doing great.

Saturday I went to go get feed. Carson always gets to go and loves going to the feed store. His favorite lady wasn’t there, he went all over the store looking for her. I bought a 960 pound super bag of feed, then had to scoop it into buckets to dump into metal trash cans when I got home. That took awhile. Then I took a nap. As I woke up, Peggy and Bennet were here, inviting me to go eat. We went to Texas Roadhouse for steaks. Yummy !

I made a trip to Dallas Sunday to attend a seminar. 3 hours up there, 7 hours of seminar and 3 hours back. It was worth the trip.

Painted again yesterday. The flooring guys put the floors down in the bedrooms, they look good. We got walls painted in living room. I still have to cut in at the highest point of the ceiling. I was tired and didn’t want to climb that high, I’ll do it first thing this morning.
I did the other wall, the fireplace is in the middle, so I didn’t have to climb as high. We still have baseboards to paint, shelves in closets and other little things. Getting close to knocking it out.

IMG_7411.jpeg

IMG_7412.jpeg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule How’s the weather up there on that tall ladder? OMG painting is a lot of effort especially up and down ladders . I think you did deserve a nap . Your energy level is amazing. I have a few days every once in awhile when I get an energy burst . Not very often…

Paint looks like a nice color and along with a steak meal not to mention a great time off at a seminar for something. You sound rejuvenated and ready to finish painting.

I hate painting it’s a necessary evil. I devised a system to painting the exterior of this long bowlin ally ranch style home. Every summer I paint one section of the house , in 5 years I meet the start point and take a year off and start again. That way it’s not such a huge job. I even have to paint the cement tile roof in a section with special paint every 10 years.
Yeap it’s a huge chore . Not even going to splain the interior painting system. It’s jast as nutty as the exterior system. 😉

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, have you heard of Flower Mound, Tx? MY son's hopefully future in laws were visiting and we got to meet them. Very nice folks and live in Flower Mound. She said Dallas Fort Worth airport is 40 minutes from them and I don't remember the name of the other airport that is 15 minutes from them.

Wonder how far that is from you?

Mary

Latest posts