CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This caught MY eye bc I have volunteer very Tall goldenrod growing amongst some burdock, but it can be harvested.
I might try that, decorate with it and then see what to do after that. I might try harvesting the seeds and replant in some other places on the property.
Just FYI, it isn't GOLDENROD that gives you hay fever. it is ragweed.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
First frost advisory issued for overnight.

Brought in my baby fig starts yesterday eve. I would like to see them grow a little more before they go dormant for the winter. i'll set them back outside in the full sun after danger of frost has past.
Screenshot_20241014_182853_Gallery.jpg

Big momma aloe vera has to also come in. I have given everyone who comes over a free aloe vera, they are easy to give away. But big momma just fills in the empty soil with more babies. She's too heavy for me to carry, so I have to use a dolly. I have a larger "pot" with rope handles I need to transplant her in, I think it's a #20 (20 gallons), yay more babies.
Screenshot_20241015_172826_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This caught MY eye bc I have volunteer very Tall goldenrod growing amongst some burdock, but it can be harvested.
I might try that, decorate with it and then see what to do after that. I might try harvesting the seeds and replant in some other places on the property.
Just FYI, it isn't GOLDENROD that gives you hay fever. it is ragweed.
Yep... Farm Babe has positively ID'ed ours as golden rod.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Latest posts