Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The rain finally stopped, but the temperature in the night is terribly low. Another poor crop is Adzuki bean.

yes, they really want the warm summer days.
we reached 88F yesterday and fairly humid. i was inside or driving for the afternoon and had gotten some gardening done in the early morning.

Well, there are always winners, no matter it's a cool or hot summer. The lettuces are still producing a lot of food, although some iceberg varieties are growing hearts now.

this is why diversity in plantings is important. :)

Ohh, happy, a local resident just came to my cafe and bought six slices of cake rolls. :love

:) i have a thin slice of Boston Brown bread and peanut butter for breakfast every other day. today is the off day, gotta get my bran cereal instead...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oolong first.

Following through the threads (stubbed toes, funny that way, coffee), I'm not sure that @flowerbug followed his advice after banging his head. Working outdoors, driving ... drinking Morning Thunder ...

Maté has been okay to my tastes but along with Black Tea, we are stepping over the line for something early in the AM. Black coffee tea used to be my only choices, and like  red tomatoes, the limit of my experience. The upset stomach informed me of the need for further exploration.

Simple Dimple. If I can gain pleasure with small steps in, perhaps, 4 different directions, and timing, there's no need for high speed and banging my head in frust frust frustration. But then, that may be true with all gardeners ;).

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's a peach cake - now is the season here for all kinds of peach. The price is really nice.
However, yesterday I have tried a lemon cake roll, oh wow, the liquid part is 60% lemon juice and 40% warm water (usually I use Milk for the liquid part) - the flavor is so refreshing and lovely. It immediately becomes my favorite.

View attachment 66343
So, it's a lemon cake with peach and cream.
View attachment 66344
My mouth is watering 😋
You are so clever :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oolong first.

Following through the threads (stubbed toes, funny that way, coffee), I'm not sure that @flowerbug followed his advice after banging his head. Working outdoors, driving ... drinking Morning Thunder ...

there is no way i drank any of that, i was just reminded of years before when i was willing to try such things and even developed a taste for it for a while and then... thinks (typo left in) changed...

Maté has been okay to my tastes but along with Black Tea, we are stepping over the line for something early in the AM. Black coffee tea used to be my only choices, and like  red tomatoes, the limit of my experience. The upset stomach informed me of the need for further exploration.

Simple Dimple. If I can gain pleasure with small steps in, perhaps, 4 different directions, and timing, there's no need for high speed and banging my head in frust frust frustration. But then, that may be true with all gardeners ;).

some days are better than others. :)

i did some indoor chores today while bouts of rains came by and watered the gardens for me.

shredded some papers, looked at the worm buckets, watered the plants, put away some canning jars, but first of all i woke up, and then i took a nap...

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My dear gardening neighbors, I wish to have coffee and cake with you. After such a long waiting, my tiny little shop is there. More photos will be shared in my own thread. It's a lovely place for me, too. Although it's a shady corner (facing east, only some direct sunlight in the morning), it's my new hands-on spot for container gardening.
21924_0.jpg

Today's cakes - strawberry short cake and cocoa & raspberry roll
21919_0.jpg

21923_0.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks like a phoney laugh to me, @peteyfoozer . Make sure he can't get into a cereal box or something left on the counter.

I'm master of the house and finishing my second breakfast :D. On to coffee and a mini-muffin! Late because I started moving the bed and cleaning under it at 5:30. Washed sheets and hung them out. The bedroom is too crowded to move the bed horizontally so the mattresses have to be tipped up, frame left where it is, and the 4 center supports removed so the vacuuming can be done. Ironically, 2 gizmos for back therapy are stored under the bed and had to be moved out and dusted – after I moved those heavy, dang mattresses!

DW was out weeding flower beds and I had the carrots and beets done. Next will be the potatoes but I'd like the job to include gathering a little soil around the plants. Some are just emerging. Others are up about 10" – surprisingly. I can't wait much longer because there were also a surprising number of weed seeds where the lawn grass sod came up for the new beds. Portulaca, prickly lettuce, oxalis ... what were those seeds expecting, landing on a lawn? Well, they have had a brief life but my potato partner Spud, has a need for that ground.

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score