Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Happy Summer Solstice everyone! Drinking black tea with a touch of ground cloves, and planning to go to the farmers market and run some other errands later today. This has been an excellent year for strawberries, and I wonder if any of the vendors will still be offering them this week. Last week I got a carton of the most delicious berries there, and picked a few handfuls of wild berries here at home.

Today is part of a 3-day heat wave. I love summer and hot weather, but the heat no longer loves me. I can't leave the air-conditioning to work outdoors as I once did. Chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, so I'll be turning off and unplugging my computers before leaving.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is raining again now. we're supposed to be having a cookout at a friend's place in a few minutes. we're going anyways. they have a garage, chairs, and a large house. :)

i may need a seeing guide dog later for the drive home, but perhaps we'll be able to leave before it gets too dark? dunno...

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
it is raining again now. we're supposed to be having a cookout at a friend's place in a few minutes. we're going anyways. they have a garage, chairs, and a large house. :)

i may need a seeing guide dog later for the drive home, but perhaps we'll be able to leave before it gets too dark? dunno...
In the Pacific Northwest we do things rain or shine. You have to be ok with that here or you will have to cancel half of your plans! They say around here, there is not bad weather - only bad clothes! It's true that if you dress properly the weather won't bother you!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

@Dahlia 's comment reminds me of a farmer who raises mostly beef and grows specialty potatoes here in the interior west. He loads up his products and carries them off to Seattle's Pikes Place Market.

He says that outside of the Summer season, you can recognize vendors from his side of the Cascades from those folks from the "Wetside" who are wearing their rain gear. The "Dryside" vendors are all wearing flannel.

:D Sunrise on the first full day of Summer is delayed as it always is at this time of year. High mountains to the Northeast puts my house in an early morning shadow for about 20 minutes. Ha! I don't mind. Full Moon! Coffee?

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Summer Solstice everyone! Drinking black tea with a touch of ground cloves, and planning to go to the farmers market and run some other errands later today. This has been an excellent year for strawberries, and I wonder if any of the vendors will still be offering them this week. Last week I got a carton of the most delicious berries there, and picked a few handfuls of wild berries here at home.

it was the first good strawberry season here too for us in several years. i even have some freezer jam put up. :) two days ago i picked a few of the last berries, there's not much more in there i can see.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The rain held off for my visit to the farmers market yesterday. I bought raw milk and cheese from a couple who keep a small herd of dairy cows, mushrooms from a mushroom grower, homemade olive & rosemary bread from a local farm, and a carton of delicious berries from the strawberry lady.

She was worried that those berries might be her last for this season because she wasn't able to water her plants as much as they needed, but if the thunderstorm and drenching rain that hit on my way home also struck her farm, her berries will have gotten a good soak. I was thankful that it watered all my plants, since I hadn't had time to do so myself. It was some wild weather! Lightning strikes were visible everywhere and one must have hit only a few feet from my car on my road home. It sounded like an explosion in a war zone! Glad that I'd turned off and unplugged my computers before leaving home.

Oh and I also got a bunch of spicy radishes from another farmer. Factor in meats from pasture raised animals (which I didn't get yesterday due to lack of freezer room right now) and a large portion of my groceries come from this market.

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The rain held off for my visit to the farmers market yesterday. I bought raw milk and cheese from a couple who keep a small herd of dairy cows, mushrooms from a mushroom grower, homemade olive & rosemary bread from a local farm, and a carton of delicious berries from the strawberry lady.

She was worried that those berries might be her last for this season because she wasn't able to water her plants as much as they needed, but if the thunderstorm and drenching rain that hit on my way home also struck her farm, her berries will have gotten a good soak. I was thankful that it watered all my plants, since I hadn't had time to do so myself. It was some wild weather! Lightning strikes were visible everywhere and one must have hit only a few feet from my car on my road home. It sounded like an explosion in a war zone! Glad that I'd turned off and unplugged my computers before leaving home.
I heard that someone was driving their car in Utah along the mountain side during a lightning storm and their car got struck by lightning and it burned a large hole from the roof of the car out the bottom of the car! The person was unharmed!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I heard that someone was driving their car in Utah along the mountain side during a lightning storm and their car got struck by lightning and it burned a large hole from the roof of the car out the bottom of the car! The person was unharmed!
Yikes, and amazing that the driver escaped unscathed! Glad it missed me! (A near miss, but a miss just the same.)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

How did it all go?

Latest posts