Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Drinking green tea and wondering if I'll have the energy to go to the farmers market tomorrow. I sort of need to go because my grocery supplies are running very low. Down to about a gallon of milk, a decent supply of both light and heavy cream, half a loaf of stale bread, and the last of 4 steaks has been eaten.

Much of my freezer space is filled with bags of tomatoes waiting to be made into sauce, to the point that I'm worried about storage space for the frozen dogfood I need to order soon.

I spent the better part of the day shopping online. Better than driving to stores, but tiring nonetheless. Three of my orders were for seeds for 2025 gardens. Climbing "rattlesnake" beans, bi-colored petunias, dwarf snapdragons, and more tomato seeds from Pinetree Garden Seeds; coleus, chervil, and beet seeds from Baker Seeds; and geranium seeds from Park Seeds. The bulk of these are destined for pots on the front porch.

Today is a rainy day.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's I credible! I buy it at Trader Joe's.

i like coconut and i like whipped cream so i can't imagine not liking whipped coconut cream. i could try it sometime. Mom was disgusted when i mentioned it to her, she doesn't like coconut milk or any dishes i make using it but she does like Almond Joy candy bars (or our homemade versions we used to make) or coconut (the chewy meat of the coconut as long as it is sweetened enough and has some chocolate somewhere...) used in various things, but i can't get very fancy or she won't touch it. coconut flavored anything probably wouldn't fly very far (certainly not as far as Hawaii...).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I might need someone to monitor my use of fresh ginger as tea. I wouldn't want to take a first sip and faint straight-away!

The fresh ginger we grow or buy is used in cooking and seriously appreciated, especially with beef. The flavor and spiciness disippates out of the slices and through the other ingredients. Straight into boiling water for tea, it might take my breath away ...

i have used the packaged product from the Asian stores and appreciate it. It seems almost counterintuitive but it can calm my stomach and doesn't interfere with my sleep if taken late in the day.

Steve, finished1st breakfast, now i'd better get some water on this parched home landscape

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Last piece of apple pie (from my apples) with my coffee, 5 AM.
I Really to have a talk with Eva since she noses me to get up at this time every day.
mail

An apple pie without some cheese
Is like a kiss without a squeeze.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I might need someone to monitor my use of fresh ginger as tea. I wouldn't want to take a first sip and faint straight-away!

The fresh ginger we grow or buy is used in cooking and seriously appreciated, especially with beef. The flavor and spiciness disippates out of the slices and through the other ingredients. Straight into boiling water for tea, it might take my breath away ...

i have used the packaged product from the Asian stores and appreciate it. It seems almost counterintuitive but it can calm my stomach and doesn't interfere with my sleep if taken late in the day.

Steve, finished1st breakfast, now i'd better get some water on this parched home landscape
I love my ginger tea super strong and made only with fresh ginger root - like a fourth cup of slices per mug! 🤣 The store bought stuff using the dry packets is not my favorite as it tastes really watered down.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve. ginger tea can be quite spicy if you make it too strong. I had bought some at a tea shop and it was in very small granular but they stopped selling it. Bought a big bag of dried pieces from Chinatown but I have to cut them up smaller so that the water can infuse them better. It's kind of a pain but I'm afraid to use a coffee grinder because it may make them too small like powder!

Lavender tea is similar to ginger in taste although not as hot. But I prefer the ginger.

Someone said they have fresh ginger root at Costco that I may try. But when I get up I just want to pour some in y cup and add the water and keep the process simple. No cutting up fresh ginger for me.

Mary

Latest posts