Coffee

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits 37 degrees?? That would be deep winter here! LOL
Coffee is ready, got to worm a few sheep this morning. I was going to grease my tractor yesterday but couldn’t find the grease gun, I have 2 of them. So I loaded Carson in the truck and we went to Lowe’s. I bought a new one. I put 90 weight gear oil in the gear box on the bush hog yesterday. I’ll grease the tractor this morning and start mowing.
Another huge storm coming tonight, then another one tomorrow morning.
You're amazing Baymule! 😍

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning ... here in the western hemisphere.

Watching temperatures on wunderground dot com. There are 16 weather stations at locations around my neighborhood, showing up on their map. Two of the 3 coldest are 38 and nearest my home. It's been like this recently altho, several years ago, the person who had one online nearest a one-time community garden, was always the coldest :rolleyes:.

I wasn't all that comfortable showing up there in the dark when I was a community gardener. There were no houses as neighbors. It was park department land, beside their storage lot. Their property nearby wasn't really developed as a park; one had to go down the road about a quarter mile to find a picnic table and such. A tiny parking area and water with some open ground between the trees. My practice was to have cool season crops there and my second planting of corn ;).

The Distant Garden was also surrounded by open ground but that was farmed, initially. Then, it lay fallow for the final few years we were there. Not there in '24 — no need to drive out there this morning or be checking the online school's weather station, about 2 miles away. Good thing, I guess but giving up that garden and the marketing of its production takes a bit of purpose out of seasonal activities.

Out of lazyboy and outside ... 5AM, should be coldest part of the day. No frost on rooftops. No wind! Thankful for that. Breakfast!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee. My brother was over last night and DS and his future wife were here. We played Phase 10. I won. lol It is supposed to rain and have a lot of wind today and tomorrow. We escaped the frost and warm weather coming this weekend.

we used to have Phase 10 cards here but i don't know where they went. Mom may have given them away... it was a fun game. :) in recent weeks i've played Crazy Eights and we had fun, even though Mom won she still called it Rat B&stard instead...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
we used to have Phase 10 cards here but i don't know where they went. Mom may have given them away... it was a fun game. :) in recent weeks i've played Crazy Eights and we had fun, even though Mom won she still called it Rat B&stard instead...
A woman that speaks the same language as me ;) not always but on certain occasions