Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
so much pneumonia and covid has been going around here and among people i know elsewhere that i'm worried about it getting either of us here at home. so far ok, but close calls (people who visit us who have had it or family) and that Mom is out and about more too means more chances. :(

take care of yourself there...
Vaccination is protection.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dozens of tasty treats at @Phaedra 's Cafe and I am having Cream of Wheat with raisins & honey, Mandarin oranges on side. Partly it's in protest, not against treating myself at the café table but, what's with Post putting brown sugar in their Malt o Meal? More attention to and increase of the malted barley. Substitute sugar, sugar, sugar?

did you check for the original ones? those don't seem to have sugar added... or perhaps i'm looking at old information on-line? i don't ever recall CoW or MoM having sugar added until after they are done (i love 'em with butter and brown sugar).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nah. This was a DW purchase. She thinks she is doing it for me because she avoids sugar and is a serious oatmeal fan (surprisingly) and puts artificially sweetened pancake syrup on it.

Yes, I use honey or brown sugar on my hot cereals, even some on the Malt o Meal, @flowerbug . With recent boxes, I have wondered where the malt flavor went. Cheaper to use more wheat? Of course. Making beer for a decade, I learned of the sweetness and flavor of barley malt.

Steve