Concerned About Growing Old?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Parentamorphosis​

for Dr. Rick merchandise

Youngest DD shows that she is copying my habits. YESTERDAY, she moved a glass in from the edge of the dining room table, saying that I do this all of the time, and she does it now for others. I said that I started doing this when the girls were little bc if the glass would fall, it would turn into a broken glass and/or liquid mess that I had to clean up.
She also told us how she pulled an acquaintance in from the city square (around the courthouse, where she works), saying, Good GOD, would you Please get off the road!!!)
We also run our hands around each other's backs when moving around them. This is bc I taught them to run their hand around the back side of our horses when walking around them, so as not to spook them. No spooking People, either.
We all also repark if we aren't between the lines, alTHOUGH I tell DH to park stupid when using a handicapped parking spot bc everybody Else parks stupid, and you need to fit in.

i do not want most people touching me from behind without warning, i startle easily and i can also react rather badly (but i've done some martial arts training to keep myself from doing worse). a close partner can probably get away with it but i really don't recommend it for them either unless i'm utterly passed out, drugged or otherwise restrained. much of it is related to PTSD type stuff from when i was born, but it didn't help that my older siblings also liked to tickle torture me and do some other things. i still love them and we all get along fine now, but there were some times as a kid when i'd have been quite happy to have been an only child.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zcream.jpg

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm 54, aging doesn't bother me it's all of the aches and pains. To me we don't have dementia, we have halvesheimers, because we remember half of the s@it half of the time. Here's a few good sayings about getting old. You know you're getting old when you sit down in a rocking chair and can't get it started. Your knees buckle but your belt won't. Your back goes out more than you do.