Concerned About Growing Old?

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The oldest I've ever felt in my life was having some neighbourhood kids hop in my car with my own kids to go to a park together. My car is over 10 years old, but still, when I got it I specifically wanted manual window roll downs because the previous car's windows gave me problems and I wound up driving with open windows in minus 30 weather too many times. One of the little girls hopped in and tried to open a window, looking for a button, but saw the handle and said, 'wow! did you have to pay extra money to get these in your car?' She'd never seen a handle. I think that gave me some grey hair.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
OMGOSH!!! We've had cell phones for nearly 40 years now!! First one was a bag phone, more modern but very much like the old Army type phone. Never been the first in line for any new phone, and mine is an Android, but I have trouble leaving the house without it.
I ran a small riding academy and the farmer kept running over my landline phone line. Had to do Something.
I even used my bag phone to call the ER when one of my horses (going blind) kicked me in the forehead and I drove myself to the ER for stitches.
Only emergency we used it for. Many places out in the western US were dead zones with NO cell service at that time, late 1980's.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OMGOSH!!! We've had cell phones for nearly 40 years now!! First one was a bag phone, more modern but very much like the old Army type phone. Never been the first in line for any new phone, and mine is an Android, but I have trouble leaving the house without it.
I ran a small riding academy and the farmer kept running over my landline phone line. Had to do Something.
I even used my bag phone to call the ER when one of my horses (going blind) kicked me in the forehead and I drove myself to the ER for stitches.
Only emergency we used it for. Many places out in the western US were dead zones with NO cell service at that time, late 1980's.
Wow! 40 years! It's hysterically funny when I am given receipts at stores and they circle something on it, and tell me to fill out some survey on 'my phone' for discount xyz. When I politely decline and say I don't have a cell phone...they apologize to me. :gigIt never gets old.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMGOSH!!! We've had cell phones for nearly 40 years now!! First one was a bag phone, more modern but very much like the old Army type phone.

the first mobile phone i ever saw was the one Dad had installed in his car, it was not portable but it was mobile and it worked. he paid quite a bit to have it but he was on the road a lot so he really needed it for work.

Never been the first in line for any new phone, and mine is an Android, but I have trouble leaving the house without it.

:(

we didn't get a cellphone until a few years ago. our landline was suffering too frequent issues too and so we finally gave it up. we spend less for the cellphone and Mom hasn't smashed it yet. yes, it is a flip phone. i don't want anything else.