Ducks 4 in '24

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Turned off the water system for the gardens. And cleaned up the many piles of leaves and cuttings from shrubs . Cut back the wisterias, grapes and trumpet vines. Will have more clipping to cleat out from the limbs stretching across the the perimeter of the property from the forest next to the perimeter.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess...isn't saving seeds "saving seeds?" Jennifer demonstrated started tomato seed saving, using a canning jar, a piece of window screening, screwing on the lid and fermenting.
:hu
Usually GE seeds have heavy weight legal clauses attached to them such that you can't save them, which is why I asked. Maybe things have changed, but there have been several litigation cases in the past where people got into serious trouble saving seeds with GE genetics in them, usually corn because the pollen carries on the wind from one field into neighbouring fields belonging to others. The Percy Shmeiser case comes to mind.

I've always wondered the relationship between the purple tomatoes and GE'ing, I've seen quite a few articles over the years about that. I have a lot of 'blue' or purple tomatoes in my seed hoard, some look like eggplant at full maturity but they're OP seeds.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Gonna share my recent xrays. So Spooky...so Scary!!!
1726336054030.png

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@heirloomgal
I am ALL FOR no patents on plants!!
I dunno if I went on rants about this before you came on the forum, but I Know that Monsanto was trying to strong arm farmers into paying for patent use bc pollen from a GMO had bred with the farmer's corn in their own fields. :somad

I am pretty sure that Jennifer is correct, being that she is teaching a 101 horticulture class at the U of I, a class for non majors. She has had her students grow mushrooms in toilet paper and other fun gardening stuff.

I sent Norfolk an email regarding purchase. I guess I could also ask them regarding saving seeds from these tomatoes and see what they say. :)

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ducks are you set for a knee replacement or what’s the next step ? Looks painful ? Been there done that both hips. After replacement life is so much easier when mobility is improved and pain is just a memory.

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 7